Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills someone in movie accident

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got my first Shotgun as an heirloom after my Grandfather passed.
    My Dad and I spent some time in the basement refinishing the stock and reblueing the barrel. I must have rubbed a half gallon of oil in to that darn thing.
    First hunt, first shots, My Dad gleemed a field for a head sized pumpkin and stuck it on a fence post. He stepped back a bit. He said this is serious, it's not a game and you need to act like a Man and always be careful and serious when you handle a gun. He shot that pumpkin and it disappeared. He said, "that could just as easily be your head as that pumpkin."
    Never had a negligent discharge, I never put up with that shit from people shooting with me either.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Rumor mill is that the crew was non-union at the time due to a strike, and that the union, which shouldn't have been there, reported that live ammo was in the gun.

https://voxday.net/2021/10/22/ban-fa...-in-hollywood/

UPDATE: Given the fact that the Hollywood crews were on strike and had been replaced by local New Mexicans, it wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the live rounds were planted by a union member.

It’s unclear where the union got the information that the round fired by Baldwin was a live one, since none of its members were on the movie set.

They’d certainly know if one of their members was responsible for loading it.
    I don't know how reliable this rumor/report is.

Even if that were true, there's no clear reason why two non-actors would have been shot, especially with some kind of manual action gun. Goes back to ideas mentioned above that Baldwin was being a jackass and threatening them with a "prop" gun, or something of the sort.

--------------------------

So why aren't "prop" guns fitted with muzzle blocks, like the blank firing adapters used for semiautos to cycle with blanks? There are styles that fit entirely in the barrel and can't be seen for filming. It seems that would reduce the chance of people being shot with real bullets from "prop" guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Rumor mill is that the crew was non-union at the time due to a strike, and that the union, which shouldn't have been there, reported that live ammo was in the gun.

https://voxday.net/2021/10/22/ban-fa...-in-hollywood/

I don't know how reliable this rumor/report is.

Even if that were true, there's no clear reason why two non-actors would have been shot, especially with some kind of manual action gun. Goes back to ideas mentioned above that Baldwin was being a jackass and threatening them with a "prop" gun, or something of the sort.

--------------------------

So why aren't "prop" guns fitted with muzzle blocks, like the blank firing adapters used for semiautos to cycle with blanks? There are styles that fit entirely in the barrel and can't be seen for filming. It seems that would reduce the chance of people being shot with real bullets from "prop" guns.
    The local movie crews were threatening to strike starting this past Monday but never did. On these sets, it's a mix of union and non-union a lot of times and they use locals because the state gives big tax breaks to do so.

My wife is on a set in Santa Fe for another production, at the same time, and they are not using blanks, they just add the flash and boom in later in post production.

Feedback Score
    I can see an actor pointing a gun directly at a camera, or in the vicinity, that has the director and other people behind it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutrunner View Post
    I can see an actor pointing a gun directly at a camera, or in the vicinity, that has the director and other people behind it.
    maybe...but pointing and discharging are two separate things. Safety should be paramount, and discharging a firearm, even with blanks, while aiming at someone should be an absolute no no.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Except when the shootting happened, they weren't doing a scene.
    He was ****ing up, anyway you look at it.
    I used to love to run a range and find a wise ass like this, because if you took their weapon and threw them off the range, their First Sergeant woulkd have to come down to retrieve it. Always entertaining.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Except when the shootting happened, they weren't doing a scene.
    He was ****ing up, anyway you look at it.
    I used to love to run a range and find a wise ass like this, because if you took their weapon and threw them off the range, their First Sergeant woulkd have to come down to retrieve it. Always entertaining.
    Haven't seen or read anything stating they were or were not shooting a scene or even rehearsal. As usual, we need to wait for the investigation to find out what happened.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Haven't seen or read anything stating they were or were not shooting a scene or even rehearsal. As usual, we need to wait for the investigation to find out what happened.
    I hadn't thought of that, but perhaps they were shooting/rehearsing a scene and he accidentally did shoot them at that time not being aware of the fact the gun was loaded with something it should not have been. In that case, much harder to fault him as much as I don't like him as a person and had assumed the worst case scenario about him.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They need to be limited to obviously inert toy guns and special effects being limited to the bearer saying "bang". Rarely used realistically anyway and would counter their hypocrisy on arms issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    They need to be limited to obviously inert toy guns and special effects being limited to the bearer saying "bang". Rarely used realistically anyway and would counter their hypocrisy on arms issues.
    You might be surprised at how many "Have To" because they are felons

Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast