Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills someone in movie accident

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

[
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 12-03-21 at 15:13.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    So now he is saying I did cock the gun but did not fire it ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe he didn’t pull the trigger. Maybe he cocked the hammer, but not far enough to lock then just let it fly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm certainly glad he deluded himself now to the point where he can live with himself,...himself in a tiny cell and big metal doors.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Maybe he didn’t pull the trigger. Maybe he cocked the hammer, but not far enough to lock then just let it fly.
    Well why didn't anybody just say so? I mean in that case, he was just playing with a loaded firearm. No biggie. Lol

All I know is, if that were me, I'd already would have spent the last month in the klink and could probably comfortably sit on a parking cone by now. Yay Justice! It's only for those that can afford it.

Sent from my BE2028 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Yea I saw his little news thing (just a short clip) with Georgie boy, what a couple of dopes, LOL! I have followed this thread but admit I have NOT read every post so excuse me if it's been mentioned before. All the bullshit excuses aside and blaming it on everyone but him, why the f**k was he even aiming the gun at the cinematographer in the 1st place? Was she in a scene, was she just looking at angles, etc? And if she is just looking at angles and trying to get pic's then why is Alex pulling the hammer back? Lots of questions for sure and we will only get the answers to very few of them I'm sure.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    ...why the f**k was he even aiming the gun at the cinematographer in the 1st place?
    If I recall correctly, he was pointing the gun directly at the camera for the cinematic effect, and she was behind the camera.
    Honor Necessity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    Well why didn't anybody just say so? I mean in that case, he was just playing with a loaded firearm. No biggie. Lol

All I know is, if that were me, I'd already would have spent the last month in the klink and could probably comfortably sit on a parking cone by now. Yay Justice! It's only for those that can afford it.

I’m not saying that to let the guy off the hook. I’m just imagining a way he could have fired a round without actually pulling the trigger. I do have some suspicion about his claim of not pulling the trigger. If you’re going for authenticity in the film, I would imagine his finger would have been on the trigger. I highly doubt wild west gunslingers practiced modern day trigger discipline by keeping their finger out of the trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I’m not saying that to let the guy off the hook. I’m just imagining a way he could have fired a round without actually pulling the trigger. I do have some suspicion about his claim of not pulling the trigger. If you’re going for authenticity in the film, I would imagine his finger would have been on the trigger. I highly doubt wild west gunslingers practiced modern day trigger discipline by keeping their finger out of the trigger guard.
    My apologies, I didn't intend to Infer that. I do agree though that it is very plausible. I just ran with the idea, as if it it was his excuse and response to that.

Modern style firearms handling definitely stands out to me in movies. With the hyper aware trigger finger discipline I try to just remind myself how it at least gives people good impressions since some will undoubtedly mimic what they see on TV. What annoys me is when guys are moving about with muskets/other old rifles at low ready, patrolling and clearing like its GWOT.

Last edited by sgtrock82; 12-03-21 at 18:29.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    From what I’ve learned, Pietta 1873 .45 Colt revolvers were available both with and without a transfer bar safety. If the one used in the shooting doesn’t have one, then his claim of not pulling the trigger is at least plausible.

Not that it matters one bit, because all other aspects of what happened mean the shooting is negligent homicide on his part.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast