Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills someone in movie accident

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    HOW in the Hell can THELL REED'S DAUGHTER....NOT know guns/firearms safety inside & out?
    Not implying she didnt...actually sayin the opposite. He has worked with her all her life. Are they now trying to scapegoat her?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some time ago, I read somewhere that Hollywood Gun Wranglers now have to have "Special" set of nonfiring weapons because so many of these guys are convicted felons.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    My direct experience on set was just for a few History Channel shoots 20 years ago, but I've more than a fair bit of time being in the shops of armorers and hanging with gun wranglers. If this was a live round, the armorer screwed up the 1st line of defense not checking and confirming the pistols. Whomever retrieved the pistol (sounds like it was not the armorer) failed the 2nd line by declaring the gun was cold without confirming. Baldwin failed the 3rd line by pointing the pistol at a person.

When we did our shoots, ammo was always confirmed and checked before hand. We were always instructed to fire off line of our target. The camera angle would do the work. Never aim directly at someone. Same things we did for choreographed live public demonstrations/shows. Even with blanks, aim a few feet away from a live body.

Baldwin, as an actor in this movie, gets a pass on not checking the pistol. Many times, the actor is placed in position, handed the firearm, the shot is taken/sequence filmed, and the firearm is immediately removed before the actor moves again. Chain of custody. The actors are depending on paid professionals to ensure the firearm they are given is properly prepared. He will (I guess "should have" to is more correct) have to answer as to why he was aiming a firearm at a person(s). That is not industry practice, even with props.

Baldwin, as a producer on this movie, is going to have to answer for the safety issues surrounding the set. He DOES have control and say over that. It sounds like there were multiple issues on set, including some with the firearms, leading up to the shooting.
    No he doesn’t get a pass. He pulled the trigger on a real firearm despite not KNOWING its status. Industry practice doesn’t trump law or the rules of gun safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    No he doesn’t get a pass. He pulled the trigger on a real firearm despite not KNOWING its status. Industry practice doesn’t trump law or the rules of gun safety.

Reading comprehension is key. I said he gets a pass on not checking the ammo. I then went on to say he needs to answer for not pointing the gun in a safe direction.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    So if someone hands you a revolver and asks you to shoot it, do you randomly pull the trigger, or do you open it and verify the load?
    Not in this situation. You're handed a prepared "prop". Your reasonable expectation is that it has been properly prepared for the scene. Go around a set and starting fiddling with props and you'll quickly find yourself off the set. Armors and gun wranglers are not going to be happy watching an actor mess with the props they are responsible for. I certainly wouldn't want an actor messing with the ammunition after it's out of my custody.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 10-23-21 at 14:37.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Actor John Schneider, 2A supporter and gun guy lays down the reality of the total F up that was this event and the process you follow:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Reading comprehension is key. I said he gets a pass on not checking the ammo. I then went on to say he needs to answer for not pointing the gun in a safe direction.
    I disagree. You put any gun in my hand, it becomes my responsibility. You don’t get a pass for shooting somebody because somebody else says it’s clear.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    I disagree. You put any gun in my hand, it becomes my responsibility. You don’t get a pass for shooting somebody because somebody else says it’s clear.

As a shooter, I don't disagree. But these are movie sets with actors and the guns are "props". It does seem rather ****ed up from the outside looking in and there are plenty of movie review threads here complaining about poor Hollywood gun handling. This is a screw up that will hopefully wake up what is an ignorant, arrogant, and complacent group.

That said, I really don't think it's unreasonable for an actor not to check the firearm before a scene. There are trained professionals on set who are there to handle the firearms. I'm not saying he's not responsible. He's a veteran actor with gun handling experience. He's been through more than a few set safety briefings. Why on earth was he pointing it at the cinematographer? I just don't believe he can reasonably be called out for not checking the ammo.

As a producer on the set, after the previous incidents why didn't they stop and have a safety meeting to address the other issues. That is something he does have responsibility for. He's going to have to answer for that as well.
    Last edited by mrbieler; 10-23-21 at 14:49.
    - Jeff

Feedback Score

Alec Baldwin kills someone in movie accident

As a shooter, I don't disagree. But these are movie sets with actors and the guns are "props". It does seem rather ****ed up from the outside looking in and there are plenty of movie review threads here complaining about poor Hollywood gun handling. This is a screw up that will hopefully wake up what is an ignorant, arrogant, and complacent group.

That said, I really don't think it's unreasonable for an actor not to check the firearm before a scene. There are trained professionals on set who are there to handle the firearms. I'm not saying he's not responsible. He's a veteran actor with gun handling experience. He's been through more than a few set safety briefings. Why on earth was he pointing it at the cinematographer? I just don't believe he can reasonably be called out for not checking the ammo.

As a producer on the set, after the previous incidents why didn't they stop and have a safety meeting to address the other issues. That is something he does have responsibility for. He's going to have to answer for that as well.
    I don’t think the law or common sense has exception carved out for real firearms with real ammunition being used as “props”.

Hopefully, this is a wake up call for these guys and they will stop living in fantasy land when there is a deadly weapon in their hand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    HOW in the Hell can THELL REED'S DAUGHTER....NOT know guns/firearms safety inside & out?
    Not implying she didnt...actually sayin the opposite. He has worked with her all her life. Are they now trying to scapegoat her?
    They are grasping for straw since they have few facts.

Like the union saying cameraman were upset they had to pay their hotel bills, not really relevant.

Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast