Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills someone in movie accident

Feedback Score
    So if I get handed a real loaded gun, point it at an innocent person and pull the trigger, as long as somebody video records it, it’s not my fault? Am I getting it right from the media now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Man, the negligence just gets deeper and deeper. Off camera the gun was allegedly being used for target practice and live ammo and blanks were being stored in the same area. Live ammo isn't even supposed to be present on the set.

Gun That Killed DP ...ALLEGEDLY USED FOR OFF-SET TARGET PRACTICE
    That came out on friday.

It was also reported the previous two "misfires" were actually discharges with live ammo.....

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    That came out on friday.

It was also reported the previous two "misfires" were actually discharges with live ammo.....
    Just nuts. This will be a circus when the whole mess is exposed. A full clown car of idiots involved.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It's my understanding that the "bullet" or whatever killed the lady, went through her and hit the man, not penetrating him completely. Wouldn't they have that "bullet" now? Wouldn't that help determine if it was a live round or something else?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    So if I get handed a real loaded gun, point it at an innocent person and pull the trigger, as long as somebody video records it, it’s not my fault? Am I getting it right from the media now?

How do you know that wasn't the scene? They do that all the time where the shooter is pointing right at the camera. Someone earlier in the thread already posted a video showing how the cameramen have these shields to protect them from the wadding and unburnt powder.

I think the bigger question is how on earth did live ammo get on the set? And how it didn't get noticed in all the safety checks. If the rumors are true that it was actual live ammo then I would lean towards foul play, especially since the workers were apparently mad as hell. What better way to sabotage the movie and get your revenge.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Why didn't they use CGI like John Wick?

I know why, just want it conformed...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A major problem child appears to be the assistant Director Hall. It sounds like various arrows are pointing back to him for ongoing poor safety practices, and obviously the armorer failed at her primary job of controlling and accounting for those weapons at all times:

"The gun was one of three that the film's armorer, Hannah Gutierrez, had set on a cart outside the wooden structure where a scene was being acted, according to the records. Assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds, a detective wrote in the search warrant application.

Complaints had previously been made that Halls allowed unsafe practices on productions, according to a prop maker who worked with him on 2019's "Into the Dark" anthology series."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ow/6132795001/

The more I read the more I'm sure this will come 180 and be the guns fault, and a cry for more gun control will be one result, likely lead by you know who. That's how he will absolved his conscience over this event.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-24-21 at 13:18.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    It's my understanding that the "bullet" or whatever killed the lady, went through her and hit the man, not penetrating him completely. Wouldn't they have that "bullet" now? Wouldn't that help determine if it was a live round or something else?
    It was known to be a live round on friday when search warrant was issued.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Why didn't they use CGI like John Wick?

I know why, just want it conformed...
    possible reasons:

1) it was a low budget flick
    2) maybe they planned to use CGI, but this was a rehearsal scene

Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast