Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills someone in movie accident

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    It was known to be a live round on friday when search warrant was issued.
    I'm dumbfounded. How on earth would movie set people, where real guns are being pointed at real people, with triggers being pulled, allow live rounds to be within 5 miles of the set? Man, how FUBAR'd can you get.!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Why didn't they use CGI like John Wick?

I know why, just want it conformed...
    I don't know why. What are you thinking?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I'm dumbfounded. How on earth would movie set people, where real guns are being pointed at real people, with triggers being pulled, allow live rounds to be within 5 miles of the set? Man, how FUBAR'd can you get.!
    They were talking about how they went on horseback rides on the weekends. I'm just wondering if they had a range day as recreation for the crew on weekends.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    They were talking about how they went on horseback rides on the weekends. I'm just wondering if they had a range day as recreation for the crew on weekends.
    Another forum, an article was posted that they were doing recreational shooting with the very gun Baldwin shot the cinematographer with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Another forum, an article was posted that they were doing recreational shooting with the very gun Baldwin shot the cinematographer with.

Makes sense.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post

That's makes it even worse. They have live ammo floating around a movie set, they're using the movie prop guns for target practice, and then the icing on the cake for all this negligence is a prop gun loaded with live ammo being used in a scene and a dead woman. I can only hope that their excuse for all this was drunkenness or something. That way they can claim diminished capacity for their foolishness.

Feedback Score
    That's makes it even worse. They have live ammo floating around a movie set, they're using the movie prop guns for target practice, and then the icing on the cake for all this negligence is a prop gun loaded with live ammo being used in a scene and a dead woman. I can only hope that their excuse for all this was drunkenness or something. That way they can claim diminished capacity for their foolishness.
    They speculated that Baldwin was one of the ones using it and that it was his personally owned gun, though I haven’t seen that confirmed anywhere.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I don't know why. What are you thinking?
    I'm thinking they were way too cheap. They wanted to invest the absolute minimum while collecting the absolute maximum.
    Remember this is Baldwin, he's got a credability issue shooting both a Western and a Western with guns.
    This was likely being filmed to go straight to HULU or NetFlix, make some money and be forgotten.
    So based on Baldwin's general behavior in the past, I would guess he was cashing in on his name and trying to repair his brand, while being a little petty dictator on the set and in person. Thus people walking off the set due to conditions.
    Now lets add to that, that Baldwin was co-producer, he must have been intimatley aware of what was going on, on set.
    That he knew that there was a firearms issue, yet he picked up a pistol, took someones word that it was good, then aimed and fired it at the director...

Of course the whole thing could have insurance and when shit got shakey Someone shot the Director to stop the Movie.
    Last edited by Averageman; 10-24-21 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let's not forget, it wasn't that many years ago the Marine Corps had to establish the SOP that live-fire and blank-fire events could not take place on the same day.

Care to ask why?

By the way, a BFA on a M-16A2 will not stop you from killing someone if you get live 5.56 and blanks mixed up. You do not have to take my word for it, it has unfortunately been proven.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A BFA broke a leg on the range at Jackson.

It launched out as a projectiile and ricocheted on the ground like a rock on water until it hit a passerby.

It sucks...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast