Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills someone in movie accident

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Not a joke.
    COVID protocols weren’t the cause of this.

Someone introduced a loaded weapon into what is supposed to be a sterile environment.

They were not kept under strict control. They were not checked and rechecked by those in charge of safety.

That the AD had unfettered access to the weapons is a huge problem. That he became de facto props master/armorer was a problem. That wasn’t his job, but it became his, and that was never discussed. There were no safety meetings about it. We do as we train, and he wasn’t trained for that. And because he wasn’t trained to, he didn’t check them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    COVID protocols weren’t the cause of this.

Someone introduced a loaded weapon into what is supposed to be a sterile environment.

They were not kept under strict control. They were not checked and rechecked by those in charge of safety.

That the AD had unfettered access to the weapons is a huge problem. That he became de facto props master/armorer was a problem. That wasn’t his job, but it became his, and that was never discussed. There were no safety meetings about it. We do as we train, and he wasn’t trained for that. And because he wasn’t trained to, he didn’t check them.

I mean we don't really know that. The round could have been slipped in by someone in that room after she had cleared it. It goes without saying she's going to testify that she checked it and there wasn't a live round in it when it left her sight. Making Baldwin and the assistant the responsible parties.

Who's making up these rules anyways? It's incredibly hard to believe there was a law or regulation that prohibited her from being in that room. Sounds like something someone just made up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How is this thread still going? Does everyone really care that much about this Douche?

Frankly I don't care what happens, but I do hope he is convicted and does some time.

Feedback Score

Alec Baldwin kills someone in movie accident

The plot thickens. Fox News reports that Baldwin was not acting a scene, but “practicing draws”.

That means he had no reason and was not directed to aim the pistol at anyone. He chose to point the gun where he did.

Additionally, there are rules for actors handling firearms presented by the screen actors’ guild, which Baldwin is a member of. It appears Baldwin broke said rules in the “accident”.

Last edited by mRad; 10-28-21 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/alec-b...-investigation

It appears to be considered an ongoing criminal investigation, with primary focus on Baldwin, Hall, and the armorer. It appears they have all lawyered up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/alec-b...-investigation

It appears to be considered an ongoing criminal investigation, with primary focus on Baldwin, Hall, and the armorer. It appears they have all lawyered up.

Baldwin hauled ass to the East Coast, the Sherrif in New Mexico can't tell you where he is at the moment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Indeed a movie set a very special exception where the 4 rules can be broken.
    No such "special exception" in any state law I know of.

Now, one can break any well established safety rule they want (not just wrt to guns), but IMO you OWN the consequences, because breaking well established safety rules is as grossly negligent as you can get.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    The plot thickens. Fox News reports that Baldwin was not acting a scene, but “practicing draws”.

That means he had no reason and was not directed to aim the pistol at anyone. He chose to point the gun where he did.

Additionally, there are rules for actors handling firearms presented by the screen actors’ guild, which Baldwin is a member of. It appears Baldwin broke said rules in the “accident”.

I read that as well. Not only did he draw with people in front of him, he pulled the trigger for some reason. If he was dry firing as well, that is very negligent

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I read that as well. Not only did he draw with people in front of him, he pulled the trigger for some reason. If he was dry firing as well, that is very negligent
    I saw two dumbasses I was in the Military do that, 1SG came out with chow and when he walked in the door mouths were still open and the hole in the wall was still smoking.
    A new Sgt of the Guard came out, because the dummy that pulled the triggers Old Lady was about to give birth.
    Top went in to a tantrum and threw everybody but those two outside, nobody got UCMJ, but they got the fist and then the boot.

I never trusted either of those two with anything again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Baldwin hauled ass to the East Coast, the Sherrif in New Mexico can't tell you where he is at the moment.
    He is in Manchester, Vermont.

Page 34 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast