Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revolver Duty Holsters

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Revolver Duty Holsters

For those that packed a duty wheel gun back in the day I am interested in what you used for leather. Did you have choice or preference? Which brand? What did you like…hi-ride, mid-ride, low-ride, reverse cant, forward cant, swivel?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We had both choice and preference, I used a Safariland iirc Model 2 high ride holster with thumb break for my Ruger Service Six 4". Before the switch to semi auto pistols I carried my S & W 686 4" in a G. William Davis mid ride with screw retention and a standard thumb break. The Safariland was forward cant and the Davis was straight drop. I also carried a Safariland quad speedloader pouch up front and a 6 round cartridge box behind my holster.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a hunting buddy that carries a revolver when hunting and he had this saggy POS Canvas dangerous….I bought him a Pusat handcrafted holster off Amazon so I could return if I didn’t like it. It had a snap retention and fit like a glove. It was only $60 and a huge upgrade.

You may want a bigger name brand but Amazon is a good option since returns are a breeze. And might get lucky.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    A. E. Nelson Model #83 breakfront holster. Not real comfortable in the car but it was sure easy to draw quickly from. I wore one when I carried my issued S&W Model 28-2 Highway Patrolman 6” until the department went to autos.
    Last edited by ThirdWatcher; 10-29-21 at 12:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My last duty revolver was a 4” 681, the fixed sight version of the 686. Like wlptpd3 I carried it in a G Wm Davis mid-rise with zero cant. I carried 4 Safariland speed loaders in two double Split-Six speed loader pouches, one to the right of center and the other to left of my centerline.
    When we moved from revolvers to the new Wonder Nines I carried a Sig P226

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
    ... When we moved from revolvers to the new Wonder Nines I carried a Sig P226
    My agency went to the Beretta 92F in 1989. I liked the pistol but missed my old breakfront holster.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My only revolver was a 625 and I carried it in a high ride thumb break by El Paso Saddelry. That was before I had body armor, and was really lean, circa 1990. Now I wouldn't want high ride!
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    A. E. Nelson Model #83 breakfront holster. Not real comfortable in the car but it was sure easy to draw quickly from. I wore one when I carried my issued S&W Model 28-2 Highway Patrolman 6” until the department went to autos.
    A.E. Nelson is just down the road from me, I have bought a few of their products and was leaning in that direction.

Thank you all for your input.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    A.E. Nelson is just down the road from me, I have bought a few of their products and was leaning in that direction...
    I have purchased well over a dozen holsters & mag pouches from A. E. Nelson over the years. You will never be disappointed in the work they do.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I always wanted the Philly PD holsters but they're hard to find and even harder to find in left hand.

The city issued S&W m10 revolvers and the holsters were kinda low, almost thigh holsters, with a retention lever inside that slid into the trigger guard. To draw you'd need to put the trigger finf into the guard and push the lever as you drawl

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast