Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you find your magazine released?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Not saying it never will happen, but I've never had a magazine released accidentally with the gun in the holster after nearly twenty years of carry.

Get a different holster

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Twice in my life, with a 1911 and a P7M8. Both times under same conditions: making a spirited 90 degree right turn while seated in a rather tight sports seat of a Bimmer while carrying strong side IWB.

Feedback Score
    in my early 20s i had a 1911 with fat ambi mag release and pancake holster combo that would do this pretty much any time i sat in my truck.. it got to the point id unconsciously reach up and give the butt plate a push every time i got out

but ive never had it happen with any of my glocks or m&ps
    why so serious?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Twice in my life, with a 1911 and a P7M8. Both times under same conditions: making a spirited 90 degree right turn while seated in a rather tight sports seat of a Bimmer while carrying strong side IWB.
    That could be it!

For some reason the drivers in front of me feel like they have to slow down well below their and the vehicles capability to make the turn...its very annoying.

They enter the turn wrong, are way out from the apex, brake AFTER the apex and dont track out correctly, either! Faces in their phones I guess... 🙄🤡

Feedback Score
    Been carrying every single day, personally and professionally, for the last three decades. Never once had this happen.
    Sounds like a holster issue. I'd look into getting a different one.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    In the early 2000's Ford switched the seatbelt latch location and my M7M13 mag would pop a couple of times a day. It was so bad for everyone that they had to cover it during in-service. I've been carrying everyday at work and off duty since the mid 90's and that is the only time my mag ever unintentionally came out. I would get another holster. I've seen too many officers during quals draw their weapon and fire one round and have the mag fall on the ground. Not a malfunction you ever want to have happen. David

Feedback Score
    I tried this all Kydex holster because the 2nd hybrid holster wore in to the point that the gun (Beretta M81FS) would slide out too easily. (Shouldn't rely on just belt tension to secure the gun)

I tried to re-form the kydex on my old holsters to better secure the gun. One holster cracked, the other is now TOO secure which I didn't think was possible. I'll see if I can fix that. Neither of those hybrid holsters are made by those companies anymore.

I'll search for another brand of hybrid holster for the Beretta.

I also got an all-kydex holster for a Ruger LCR. It seemed okay but as the summer went on (past the return period) I went back to the hybrid holster for it, too. Far more comfortable and I was able to reshape the shell so it holds the gun in properly.

I have alot of very used and barely used holsters in a box I've collected since about 1995. Many of them $50-$85.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    This will happen to everyone eventually who carries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Whelp, I'm really surprised that people who have carried a gun daily up against their body for decades have NEVER had the mag release bumped / pressed inadvertently to release the magazine.

I know a couple guys that have told me about this happening with pistols in pockets. (LCP / Keltec)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    That could be it!

For some reason the drivers in front of me feel like they have to slow down well below their and the vehicles capability to make the turn...its very annoying.

They enter the turn wrong, are way out from the apex, brake AFTER the apex and dont track out correctly, either! Faces in their phones I guess... ����
    Maybe they are using a late apex which gives them more speed out of the turn.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast