Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How often do you find your magazine released?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I really like the Comp tac holsters as well. It’s all Kydex but very comfortable for me. Never had the mag release issue. Good luck solving your problem.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    From using them for thousands of rounds with all types of factory 9mm ammo, I do not think the Shield Arms S15 Gen 1 and Gen 2 mags are not quite as reliable in function as the 10 round factory OEM mags. Besides that, the main reason I do not use them anymore, is because at least in my G43X using the Shield Arms steel mag release, it takes *very little mag release travel and very little pressure to release the mags, and I have had two accidental mag releases with them while carrying the pistol holstered. So for ** me** the SA15 mags were close but no cigar. I have since dumped the the SA15 mags and the G43X and now carry a S&W Shield Plus that I am completely satisfied with. YMMV, but I would most definitely try the mags and release before I would buy them if possible, as Glock grip frames dimensions can and do very a little from gun to gun.
    Did you also replace the mag release with theirs? I don’t have any personal experience with them yet, just picked up a 43X and am trying to get my hands on the mags (being in CA makes it a challenge) but I did see on their website that they recommend replacing the OEM mag release with their steel one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the holster is hitting the mag release it is an easy fix with leather. Simply wet it and reshape it to clear the button.

Maybe on polymer too, but that involves heat and how much the material can be reshaped without failing.

Either way, it isn't like a holster that is releasing the mag can be screwed up any worse by trying to fix the issue.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    Did you also replace the mag release with theirs? I don’t have any personal experience with them yet, just picked up a 43X and am trying to get my hands on the mags (being in CA makes it a challenge) but I did see on their website that they recommend replacing the OEM mag release with their steel one.
    As I stated in my post, I was using the Shield Arms steel mag release when my mags released twice by accident.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Agree with all above. Never in 20 years. New holster is what you need.

Feedback Score
    Have a new holster.

Already had a like-new Aliengear gen 3.5 with a shell for something else i no longer have. They had shells for the M81 series. Fits great. Very snug.

Got a 3.0 holster for my new King Cobra. Also very good fit.

I've worn out a couple Aliengear holsters but I think these new ones will last longer. They dont cost much and ship quickly.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    This thread is a good reminder for everyone about how dangerous confirmation bias can be. If bad things are happening with your guns, gear, and performance, don't assume they are happening to everyone. Find ways to fix them immediately. Quality gear, quality guns, and good training alleviates these issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never on my end…

I’m did have a holster turn on a TLR-7 (not the A variant, but one with the side buttons), and that got hot. Switched to the TLR-7A, but also sold the gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Yea, I'm done with that holster.

Reminds me of my short trial with Beretta 92FS Compact. The 2nd time the safety had engaged itself (bumped against something) that was that.

And then a few months later Beretta released a retro-G kit to make it decock only. After I'd sold the gun. Doh!
    I had a Ruger p95 that was a favorite of mine but the decocking lever was a bad idea. I sold it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I can't recall that ever happening, not a once. Sounds like something specific to the mode of CCW perhaps.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast