Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Shield Plus DOA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Well, would you buy a car you knew wouldn't start before you left with it, and then get it fixed right after - instead of getting a new car? Of course you wouldn't.

And, if you did - as you drove off the lot with it that first time, wouldn't you hope it's all fixed now?

No, it makes much more sense to have it swapped out by the dealer.
    Actually I had that happen. Fuel pump went on the lot. I liked the car and the pump was replaced with a new one. Sometimes it happens.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Actually I had that happen. Fuel pump went on the lot. I liked the car and the pump was replaced with a new one. Sometimes it happens.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Well, that ain't me. You do you.

I'll make my own decisions. And, choosing to have the gun replaced by the dealer was the smartest choice.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Op, not sure why you started this thread, dont think you're getting the response you were looking for.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, I got my replacement in yesterday. And, this one works fine.

I still say, why accept a defective gun from an online vendor - when the vendor is willing to do an exchange? It was much faster than dealing with S&W repairing it too.

I disagree with the thought process of some here...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Well, I got my replacement in yesterday. And, this one works fine.

I still say, why accept a defective gun from an online vendor - when the vendor is willing to do an exchange? It was much faster than dealing with S&W repairing it too.

I disagree with the thought process of some here...
    Glad your replacement went smoothly and good luck with the new pistol. I only have two, a 2.0 and a Plus. In terms of quality, they are both spot on. Hopefully no quality issues at S&W.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lemons happen and I've the misfortune to get a few.
    1) HK USP 45c, mag would not seat fully loaded from time to time. Two trips to HK couldn't fix it.
    2) Not one but two Steyr M series pistols, a M40 and a M9, failure to extract with any ammo.
    3) Armalite 9mm pistol, failure to extract, sent back to Armalite who hired a chimpanzee to dremel...... everything. Which really isn't fair to chimpanzees. Sent back and replaced by a new pistol that I promptly sold. A CS rep admitted to me that Armalite didn't know anything about pistols.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12