Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timney trigger for Glocks

Feedback Score

Timney trigger for Glocks

Has anyone shot one ?

The videos I have seen make it sound like it the answer to everyone that owns a glock prayers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I haven't shot one, but have been intrigued by them since release. 2 things give me pause: way too light for serious use, and the description doesn't specifically mention that all the Glock safeties are maintained.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    From what I understand all Glock safeties are maintained.

As far as being too light for serious use I disagree, my HK P7. CGW CZ P06/09, Hi Power, all have trigger weights in the 3 pound range or in the P7 even a little lighter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Definitely an interesting trigger, and I'd really like to try it. All my triggers break around 4-4.5 lbs, so this would mess with my muscle memory a bit. I guess it's all about what you're used to.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This video is a little long, but Johnny Glock really breaks down the mechanics of the trigger. A little after the 24 minute mark he shows how the trigger can sometimes not reset correctly. This can be mitigated by greasing the contact points, but he postulates that this may become an issue when the trigger is dirty. Another interesting tidbit about this trigger is that it fully cocks the striker, compared to the standard Glock design, but he thinks that drop safety won't be compromised despite this fact.

All in all, I'd like to have one in the 4.5 lb range.

Feedback Score
    I watched the same video and came away wondering if it was slanted, because this guy does action jobs on Glocks for his work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wouldn't surprise me if he was. I didn't get that impression from what he was showing though, but it is possible. Could also be his sample in that particular Glock frame that's to blame.

Overall, I'm pretty sure this trigger is orientated towards competition and would probably be the one to have in that environment. Definitely worth a tryout, though I would be wary of carrying it without a lot of practice first. Just my take.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I shot one a few weeks back. One of the pups installed one on his “range” 19.
    It had a much more obvious wall and reset than an OEM trigger.
    He seemed to like it.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I shot one a few weeks back. One of the pups installed one on his “range” 19.
    It had a much more obvious wall and reset than an OEM trigger.
    He seemed to like it.
    Did you feel like it was too light?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    *For me*, from the factory the Timney Glock trigger has too light of a break for a carry gun.
    Last edited by Biggy; 12-10-21 at 11:06.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast