Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight complete uppers

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_H View Post
    That build looks great! I am doing a LPVO with mine. The hole behind the pistol grip on the lower, is that for a QD point?
    Yea but I will never use it. I wouldn't get my hopes up if trying to build an accurate rifle on the K&E lower. It's pretty flimsy. In my case it doesn't matter much.. With iron sights I don't expect better than 4 MOA and will never shoot it past 100 yards.
    Last edited by GH41; 10-24-21 at 19:48.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That’s a bummer to hear, I didn’t think the lower would effect accuracy that much

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_H View Post
    That’s a bummer to hear, I didn’t think the lower would effect accuracy that much
    Think about it this way.... Why do they bed the action on precision rifles?? To keep the action from moving within the stock. The same reason precision guys bitch about the movement between the upper and lower of an AR and/or glue the barrel extension into the upper. To be honest with you.. If I could get my money back from K&E with no questions ask I would. IMO it's a good idea but not anywhere near a viable replacement for a conventional aluminum lower receiver.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    As far as alternatives to BCM...

Sionics upper receiver groups currently in stock
    Centurion Arms Complete Upper currently out of stock but worth a call/email
    I would also throw the Midwest in here as well.
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...ampaign=173397

Honestly, I would buy the BCM and be done with it, mainly because I have one and I love it.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a BCM lightweight upper and it has been great. Go for it. For a good trigger, you cant beat Larue BTM. Under $100 and is great.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    My second and still favorite AR upper is my BCM 14.5” pinned lightweight mid length.
    At the time it was the only pencil profile option that was also chrome lined with a 14.5” pinned FH. Wanted to keep it light & simple, fixed FSB with a KNS crosshairs post, reflex sight and Troy rear DOA flipup. The white marks on the diamond DOA and the crosshairs makes for fast irons.
    If on a budget, PSA makes a nice lightweight upper as well. But you’ll probably wait for one to come in stock.
    I’ve run two polymer lowers in the past, Plum Crazy and New Frontier. IMHO not worth it, and saving an ounce forward of the barrel nut feels like a pound. If you want internet bragging rights for lightest rifle, that’s fine, but a std. lower is a more versatile option. I ran both a polymer lower and RRA lower on my BCM and felt no difference.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll look into that trigger for sure.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    BCM ELW-F uppers are stupid light and handy. I have an ELW BFH that's about a 1.5 MOA gun and I need to really test my ELW-F but its been pretty accurate IME.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My BCM LW upper is 1/2 of my favorite/most trusted AR. Mine is "old school" pencil but I would recommend the ELW profile because it just makes sense.

Andy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So if the KE lowers arent going to be that accurate, what other lightweight lowers are there? I wouldnt want cut outs or anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast