Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight complete uppers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Lightweight complete uppers

I have in my mind what "my" perfect rifle is and have to test it out. I am going to use one of the KE polymer lowers and am going for a lightweight Recce build. I've been saving for a BCM lightweight upper for a while, but are there others? I really like BCM, but who else makes a factory lightweight upper? And why should I or shouldn't go with the BCM?

On a side note I am looking into triggers too. Single stage and quick reset, I know nothing about the triggers. Recommendations?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_H View Post
    I have in my mind what "my" perfect rifle is and have to test it out. I am going to use one of the KE polymer lowers and am going for a lightweight Recce build. I've been saving for a BCM lightweight upper for a while, but are there others? I really like BCM, but who else makes a factory lightweight upper? And why should I or shouldn't go with the BCM?

On a side note I am looking into triggers too. Single stage and quick reset, I know nothing about the triggers. Recommendations?

Thanks
    I have a KE 300BO build I just completed. I also have a BCM 16" ELW upper on another rifle. Later today I'll swap uppers and weigh the BCM/K&E combo and put up a picture. Triggers... I am a big fan of The Wilson TTU single stage. I ordered the K&E ambi lower that shipped with their SLT-1 single stage trigger. It isn't terrible but it isn't a $200 trigger either.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Look forward to the pic

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Look forward to the pic
    Weight complete with RDS/mount, light, sling hard ware, and sights on the K&E lower is 6# 1-1/2oz. The lower without upper mounted is 1#-11 1/2oz. The lower the ELW upper came off of weighs 2#-
    2 1/3oz (full ambi Mega billet).

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    For reference.. The K&E lower 300 build.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I would like to pick up on of those KE polymer lowers for a KISS LW build. I'd probably put one of my 14.5" LW uppers on it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    As far as alternatives to BCM...

Sionics upper receiver groups currently in stock
    Centurion Arms Complete Upper currently out of stock but worth a call/email
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That build looks great! I am doing a LPVO with mine. The hole behind the pistol grip on the lower, is that for a QD point?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    That build looks great! I am doing a LPVO with mine. The hole behind the pistol grip on the lower, is that for a QD point?
    Yea but I will never use it. I wouldn't get my hopes up if trying to build an accurate rifle on the K&E lower. It's pretty flimsy. In my case it doesn't matter much.. With iron sights I don't expect better than 4 MOA and will never shoot it past 100 yards.
    Last edited by GH41; 10-24-21 at 19:48.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a BCM lightweight upper and it has been great. Go for it. For a good trigger, you cant beat Larue BTM. Under $100 and is great.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast