Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lightweight complete uppers

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty_H View Post
    So if the KE lowers arent going to be that accurate, what other lightweight lowers are there? I wouldnt want cut outs or anything.
    Just get a standard forged quality lower; to me the fit of the grip and stock is far more important than a couple of oz.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    BCM ELW-F uppers are stupid light and handy. I have an ELW BFH that's about a 1.5 MOA gun and I need to really test my ELW-F but its been pretty accurate IME.
    Is there a noticeable weight difference between the ELW and ELW-Fluted? I have an ELW-BFH that is not fluted (had the gas block pinned by ADCO) and it balances well. Definitely a first choice in LW barrel designs. Yeah, the traditional "pencil" profile is more common, but the ELW and it's taper is IMHO the way to design a LW barrel.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Is there a noticeable weight difference between the ELW and ELW-Fluted? I have an ELW-BFH that is not fluted (had the gas block pinned by ADCO) and it balances well. Definitely a first choice in LW barrel designs. Yeah, the traditional "pencil" profile is more common, but the ELW and it's taper is IMHO the way to design a LW barrel.
    I can’t really say, I have one of each but one has an MCMR and the other a MK16 so not apples to apples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    BCM says the fluted barrels are 1/2 ounce lighter. When I got mine the fluted barrel only cost 25 bucks more. If you are chasing ounces, 30 bucks for 1/2 oz is cheap compared to Ti bits and pieces. In the real world it means nothing. My watch weighs 6 ounces.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123