Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Night Vision - Help me proof out my 1st NV set up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just a quick update, ended up ordering just about everything I had listed out above with the exception of going with a G24 mount. Ordering everything but the helmet from Robert at JRH.

Robert was very helpful and got everything shipped out quick. Will be sure to recommend you for any NV and other stuff.

Can't wait till it all shows up and I can test it out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Just a quick update, ended up ordering just about everything I had listed out above with the exception of going with a G24 mount. Ordering everything but the helmet from Robert at JRH.

Robert was very helpful and got everything shipped out quick. Will be sure to recommend you for any NV and other stuff.

Can't wait till it all shows up and I can test it out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Appreciate your business, thanks again!

If you have any questions just shoot me an email.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    In lieu of starting a new thread, I have a PVS14 and have experience shooting active under NODS but the idea of shooting passive interests me. What is a good BNVD setup? I’m a bit confused with the different offerings out there.

Feedback Score
    Most of our BNVD are single gain control- these include all the ones with Elbit and L3 tubes, green and white phosphor. The lower cost and lower graded tubes are the XLS grade and price and performance goes up from there.

There is also the Ultralight BNVD which is essentially the same platform about 100 grams lighter with new style glass that are said to optimize WP tubes and eek out a little bit more performance.

There is also Photonis White phosphor tubes in the BNVD platform however with the Photonis tubes you lose the gain control when they go into BNVDs, so they are no gain, what others call "auto gain" which actually means no gain control as you have no control over the gain in actual usage- it's set high at the factory and you can't change it.

All of these platforms are made in America, full articulating and feature auto shutoff for each pod/tube when one is rolled up to the side or when both are- or auto shutoff for the entire unit when the unit is flipped up in the helmet mount setup. Very durable and lightweight units and they all have a 10 year warranty.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    Adding on another question to this thread.

I just got my PVS-14 with a Wilcox G-11 mount and a Ops Core helmet.

I need to get a counter balance. Is there a preferred or one that works better than the others.
    Right now I am looking at the Ops core one that uses the rear bolts on the helmet.

Feedback Score
    There is some inexpensive pouches on Ebay for less than $15. that will attach to the back of the helmet.

IR beacon, some extra batteries, maybe a pistol magazine for the weight. Or you can go useless no secondary use style and just add some lead weights.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    I’m very pleased with this one;
    https://tnvc.com/shop/eog-nvg-counte...tem-short-set/
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just a quick update:

I received everything I ordered a while back and had only been larping around the house with it up till this past Saturday

I got to go out with a few buddies that all had NV setups and got to test everything out. I was very happy with what I ended up with. We just did some low round count drills but it ended up being one of the most fun times (and educational) I'd ever had.

Most shooting was done between 15 and 100y, I just did a quick for zero on my dbal-d2. Need to get out and do a real zero on it still.

Need to do a lot more training with it obviously... trying to shoot passively through my aimpoint pro was a bit tricky, as was switching to my pistol as I don't have a RDS yet and ended up looking through my unaided eye and using the white light on it to pick up the sights.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    To me anyway, passive aiming is a little tougher to do with a single tube unit, it will take tweaking a few things like having a riser on the optic as well as getting into the habit of not "turkey necking".

When folks come to class it's one of the most common things they need work on.

Just spend a little time walking about with the 14 and do little exercises like walk up to a tree with your hand outstretched in front of you- slowly try to gauge where you are in relation to your fingertips and the tree. Then do it again a couple more times, then do the same and don't raise your arm in front of you. Try to gauge that same spot and once you think you've found it- raise your arm and check. Helps build depth perception.

Little stuff like that you can do in the backyard without going to the range.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    To me anyway, passive aiming is a little tougher to do with a single tube unit, it will take tweaking a few things like having a riser on the optic as well as getting into the habit of not "turkey necking".

When folks come to class it's one of the most common things they need work on.

Just spend a little time walking about with the 14 and do little exercises like walk up to a tree with your hand outstretched in front of you- slowly try to gauge where you are in relation to your fingertips and the tree. Then do it again a couple more times, then do the same and don't raise your arm in front of you. Try to gauge that same spot and once you think you've found it- raise your arm and check. Helps build depth perception.

Little stuff like that you can do in the backyard without going to the range.
    Thank you Robert. I do appreciate the info.

Currently using a Bobro lower ¹/³rd aimpoint PRO mount, not sure if that should be high enough or not. I could always try a riser to see how that works. Not a none of opinions out there for the aimpoint PRO, I think SKD makes a riser that woks with the stock mount but I sold that off. ADM does make a 2.33 mount for that style RDS.

Will have to see what mine would be with a ¹/²" riser.

Really just need a lot more practice as I was wearing my PC which I don't wear enough and I shoulder much difficulty than with out it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast