Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory Producing P35/Browning Hi Power

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Springfield Armory Producing P35/Browning Hi Power

Seems a bit odd, but SA is producing a P35 copy that looks good, bearing in mind I have only seen, not held one.
    I’ve always appreciated the BHP. No other pistol has “felt” as good.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=FNrGy6T2AzY&feature=share
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Girsan is also introducing their P35. It'll be interesting to see how the two compare.

https://eaacorp.com/product/girsan-mc-p35/

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I doubt Springfield "produce" this gun in its entirety. It's either a Tisas or the Girsan origin with some Springfield specified accessories and finish. I'd buy one when it's readily available.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Heck, if Armalite can rebrand a Turkish pistol:

https://www.smallarmsreview.com/disp...darticles=1405

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I doubt Springfield "produce" this gun in its entirety. It's either a Tisas or the Girsan origin with some Springfield specified accessories and finish. I'd buy one when it's readily available.
    From Springfield's website:

Made in the USA from a forged steel slide and frame the SA-35's iconic style carries a host of modern features that unlock the true potential of this time tested design.
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/s...a-35-handguns/

With it having a forged frame, slide and barrel, radiused hammer to eliminate hammer bite, extended safety, no magazine safety from the factory, beveled magwell and relocated serial number, this is a BHP lover's dream. And at their price point? Yeah, these will sell well. I'll probably get one myself.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For $700 I’m game. Always liked the lines of the HiPower
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    At $528 MSRP, I wouldn't be surprised if the Turkish gun sells briskly and is of comparable (if not better) quality than the Springfield gun.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    From Springfield's website:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/s...a-35-handguns/

With it having a forged frame, slide and barrel, radiused hammer to eliminate hammer bite, extended safety, no magazine safety from the factory, beveled magwell and relocated serial number, this is a BHP lover's dream. And at their price point? Yeah, these will sell well. I'll probably get one myself.
    1. My post said I'd buy it, it means I don't care where it came from, I'd buy it. It looks good, has most of the features I want.

2. I said "doubt Springfield "produce" this gun in its ENTIRETY" ... I still believe that. Their ad said "Made in the USA from a forged steel slide and frame", there is a lot of wiggle room of where the slide and frame came from. The older Springfield 1911s from the 80s and 90s were "made" in the USA from frame made in Brazil. Ford are American cars, but made in many places outside the US, Toyotas are Japanese cars but made in the US.

Yes, I'll buy one when I can find one at a store near me at MSRP or less. Not going to pay extra.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    I am very excited for this. First handguns I ever started to work on were Hi Powers or their clones. I haven't been able to find out details on the internals. I see that is uses 2 lugs on the barrel (I wish they would have gone with 3 but that would be atypical for sure). I'll probably pick one up.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Pretty freakin cool. I would have thought they would have been more in the 8 to 900's for a full metal gun. Just like their 1911's. It will be interesting to see how they torture test out. They sure look good. It may sput NHC or WC to do their upgraded version. NHC made some bitchin P35's, I never owned one but always wanted one. Saw one in Scottsdale gun club and it was used and they guy wanted a fortune for his.

Good on SA

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast