Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I pulled the trigger on an M2 tactical today

Feedback Score

I pulled the trigger on an M2 tactical today

First off let me start by saying I’ve never owned a shotgun other than a 20 gage break barrel. I’ve been debating the M2/M4 for a hot minute now. Decided on the M2 and will put a mount and MRO or RMR with the savings over the M4.
    Those of you that have similar set ups, can you help guide me with optic and mount choice? Can I still use the ghost rings with an RMR?
    Any quirks I should know about the M2?
    Benelli recommends 1-1/8oz load minimum. Will it reliably run 1oz shot after a good break in?
    I’m really stoked about getting it and can’t wait to blast some leftover Halloween pumpkins with it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If you want to be able to use (lower 1/8 - 1/10 co-witness) the original iron sights, Scalarworks mount is the only option I'm aware that allows it. Plus, more than likely you won't need to worry about a cheek riser to use the optic properly.
    For serious use, the Scalarworks mount with an Aimpoint Micro appears to be the go-to.

One of the common things with people that have issues running lighter loads is that they do not add and use good oil on the bolt carrier assembly. I also add Lucas grease to the contact point between the link (tail of the bolt carrier assembly) and the plunger for the recoil spring.
    Last edited by Exiledviking; 10-26-21 at 01:05.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! That mount/sight combo looks pretty solid.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I went thru the same thing myself. I chose the M2 Tactical. I highly recommend either a Taran Tactical or Dave's Metal Works shell lifter. The factory version has a U shaped notch in the end of it. It's hard on your thumbs when reloading. The aftermarket versions do not. That was the single best mod I did to mine.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Third on the lifter - get your self a aftermarket one or send the factory one out for welding. 110% worth the money. Can't comment on the 1oz loads, think the lowest I've gone is 1 1/8 el cheapo' from wallyworld.

They like to be run wet ish, per Exiled Viking - Also, when you're charging the gun, just like a 1911, don't ride the bolt handle into battery. Pull back to the stop and let it rip, otherwise theres not enough inertia for the bolt to lock fully & it will not disengage the internal safety.

Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input on the lifter. I thought I had some 1oz, but luckily all my shells are minimum 1-1/8 ounce 3 dram.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieGuns View Post
    Thanks for the input on the lifter. I thought I had some 1oz, but luckily all my shells are minimum 1-1/8 ounce 3 dram.
    That is what you want. I have a pair of Beretta 1301's, two A30x's, three Benelli M2's, and they all like the 1-1/8 ounce of 7.5 shot driven by three drams of powder. That is the minimal load that will always cycle in my semi-auto shotguns.

Be careful not to add more than 500 grams of weight to the Benelli fore-end and receiver, when you are mounting lights, ammo carriers, etc. Being recoil operated, they will frequently choke. I have one of the old Surefire light fore-ends on an M2, and it just makes weight.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads up on adding weight. I’d have never considered that to be a factor.
    UPS tracking has it being delivered to my FFL tomorrow. I can’t wait to run some shells through it.

Feedback Score
    Here it is. Picked it up this morning and took it out on the tractor with me this evening. I think I may have found a new joy in life.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Here's the difference in length between the OE M1 Super 90 carrier/liftet and the Taran Tactical before I installed it. Also, the TTI carrier doesn't have any sharp edges which is much appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast