Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I pulled the trigger on an M2 tactical today

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Here's the difference in length between the OE M1 Super 90 carrier/liftet and the Taran Tactical before I installed it. Also, the TTI carrier doesn't have any sharp edges which is much appreciated.
    Thanks. I learned real quick what y’all mean about hard on the thumb. That’ll definitely be an upgrade really soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieGuns View Post
    Benelli recommends 1-1/8oz load minimum. Will it reliably run 1oz shot after a good break in?
    Mine does... I have some light target loads for shooting trap. No problems, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Be careful not to add more than 500 grams of weight to the Benelli fore-end and receiver, when you are mounting lights, ammo carriers, etc. Being recoil operated, they will frequently choke.
    Do be aware of this, but 500g is hardly a hard limit.

I'm running a 8-shot mag on my 21" M2 and a 11-shot mag on my 28" M2, and neither has any problem running on target loads with the mag full, and that's definitely more than 500g added.

NB: Buckshot loads generally have waaay more oomph than birdshot loads, which mitigates any added weight...

Here it is.
    Time for an extended mag! A tube-mag shotgun with either the barrel or mag longer than the other always looks goofy to me.

Feedback Score
    Thanks.
    Last edited by DixieGuns; 09-24-22 at 05:22.

Feedback Score
    Now I need a recommendation on a rock solid sling.
    I'm weird, I know, but I use a sling whenever possible... The guys at the trap club laugh at me ('til they see that I bust clays consistently).

I use Benelli's OEM sling loop, which fits over the mag between the nut and the forend. The only problem is that it's only 1" (not 1-1/4"), so my favorite Turner slings don't fit (see weird, above).

So, I use pseudo-1907 1" slings from World War Supply, because they were the only source for them that I could find (in black).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I'm weird, I know, but I use a sling whenever possible... The guys at the trap club laugh at me ('til they see that I bust clays consistently).

I use Benelli's OEM sling loop, which fits over the mag between the nut and the forend. The only problem is that it's only 1" (not 1-1/4"), so my favorite Turner slings don't fit (see weird, above).

So, I use pseudo-1907 1" slings from World War Supply, because they were the only source for them that I could find (in black).
    I have Ron Browns on two of my black rifles, but for this one I’m thinking a 1-1/4” nylon sling using the existing mounts on the shotgun. The slots seems a bit narrow and I’m wondering if slings with “HK” style clips would work on them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Be careful not to add more than 500 grams of weight to the Benelli fore-end and receiver, when you are mounting lights, ammo carriers, etc. Being recoil operated, they will frequently choke.
    If the buttstock is placed against a rigid immovable object when firing will the action fail to cycle? I don't understand these "Inertia Driven" guns and their short infomercial didn't cure that.

Feedback Score
    I have Ron Browns on two of my black rifles, but for this one I’m thinking a 1-1/4” nylon sling using the existing mounts on the shotgun. The slots seems a bit narrow and I’m wondering if slings with “HK” style clips would work on them.
    You can put any size loop on the rear swivel, but the OEM Benelli loop for the front is only 1"...

My 2¢: I don't like the clips, because they twist around too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    If the buttstock is placed against a rigid immovable object when firing will the action fail to cycle? I don't understand these "Inertia Driven" guns and their short infomercial didn't cure that.
    In theory, yes. Also, if you held the gun loosely, so that it would "free recoil," then AFAIK the action would NOT cycle.

In a nutshell:

1. Gun fires. Gun recoils. Bolt stays put, compressing fat spring inside bolt, and keeping the action shut long enough for the pressure to subside.

2. Gun reaches end of recoil, the fat spring inside the bolt drives the bolt rearward, cycling the action.

It sounds complicated, but it simply WORKS, and it keeps combustion gasses and powder residue out of the action (unlike gas guns).

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Thanks. Funny you mention an extension, I just ordered a +3 today.
    Now I need a recommendation on a rock solid sling.
    I'm a big fan of Specter Gear's Benelli slings.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I'm a big fan of Specter Gear's Benelli slings.
    Thanks! I’ve never heard of them before. But that’s pretty much exactly what I’m looking for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Time for an extended mag! A tube-mag shotgun with either the barrel or mag longer than the other always looks goofy to me.
    I think I’m gonna hold off a minute on the red dot. The ghost rings are pretty quick to get on target and I like them.
    Once I get the sling and a light it’ll be good to go.
    Last edited by DixieGuns; 12-05-21 at 20:56.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast