Thread: True Velocity Ammunition

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

True Velocity Ammunition

Came across this today. Very interesting. Not sure if their claims are true, but intriguing nonetheless. Anyone try any?

https://www.tvammo.com

Feedback Score
    Saw some .308 win for sale on Midway for $3.50 per round. Pretty expensive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTwoSix View Post
    Saw some .308 win for sale on Midway for $3.50 per round. Pretty expensive.
    For sure. They’re $1.20 a round more than the Nosler Trophy Grade. It would be interesting to see a side by side comparison. You would think being polymer, that materials cost would be less than brass. Maybe if they sell enough of them the price will come down.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    There are advantages from a military standpoint, but I don't have millions of people paying for my ammo.

Why would I pay more for non-reloadable cases?

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    There are advantages from a military standpoint, but I don't have millions of people paying for my ammo.

Why would I pay more for non-reloadable cases?

Andy
    Do you know for sure that they’re not reloadable? I didn’t delve into them enough to find out.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Do you know for sure that they’re not reloadable? I didn’t delve into them enough to find out.
    https://www.tvammo.com/faq

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

True Velocity Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    That’s interesting. The wording makes it sound like they just don’t want you to hang onto their cases and roll your own. Could be the polymer has a better elasticity and could be reloaded more than brass. They definitely didn’t say these are one time use cases.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    That’s interesting. The wording makes it sound like they just don’t want you to hang onto their cases and roll your own. Could be the polymer has a better elasticity and could be reloaded more than brass. They definitely didn’t say these are one time use cases.
    No. It reads like “we do this a little different. Don’t try and bubba it in the garage.”
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    No. It reads like “we do this a little different. Don’t try and bubba it in the garage.”
    I’m sure there’s a bit of “hold my beer” implied.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I might be wrong about this, but I see neck tension being an issue with polymer cases holding conventional bullets. Probably why they advise against reloading. I wouldn't be surprised to see issues with bullet setback arising during military testing. Well see.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine