Thread: Rule against submitting two sets of fingerprint cards in the same envelope?

Feedback Score

Rule against submitting two sets of fingerprint cards in the same envelope?

About six weeks ago I efiled Form 1's for a 5.56x45 Galil Ace that takes the rock and lock Galil magazines and a Polish Mini Beryl. For both I received the email with the sheet to send in along with the fingerprint cards. Thinking logically, I decided to send in both sets of sheets and fingerprint cards in the same envelope since they were going to the same place. I even paper clipped each set so things wouldn't get mixed up. A couple of weeks later I received a notification that the Form 1 for my Mini Beryl was disapproved. I had used the model designation from the box which was also in the drop down list on the ATF's website. Apparently that was incorrect as they told me the correct model name was 223 S Mini Beryl Pistol M1 which sure enough is engraved on the side of the gun. So, I had to resubmit. I did so and mailed off the new sheet and fingerprint cards for the new Mini Beryl Form 1. Today I received the approved Form 1 for the Mini Beryl. Since enough time went by to get disapproved on a Form 1 and then approved on a Form 1, I'm wondering what happened to the Galil Ace Form 1. Do they have a rule against putting two sets of sheets and fingerprint cards in one envelope? Has anyone done this successfully? Who would I call about this?

Feedback Score
    I sent in fingerprint cards for two form 1's in the same envelope back in August. Still no approval for mine. Maybe we should not send multiple sets in one envelope?

Feedback Score
    So you have not been approved on either or just one of the two?

Feedback Score
    Nothing for either of them.

Feedback Score
    i have found (not atf related) but sending things to the .gov and business (insurance in my case), it is best to send separate things separate. I tried to save .45c and ended up wasting hours and then resending my paperwork. YMMV

ETA: I bought NFA was one at a time.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It wouldn't surprise me if the clerk just tossed the other form when one of them was denied. You can call the NFA branch and inquire as to the status of your Form 1.

I resubmitted Form 4 prints which sat in the examiners mailbox for four months as he was working from home (spoke to him directly). Remember, this is the Federal government we're talking about

Feedback Score
    I called. The lady I spoke with claimed that their system shows that they did get the fingerprint cards. She said that she sent a note to them, but I still have not received anything.

Feedback Score
    I recently did two form 1's, and did the same thing; two sets with individual letter, same envelope. Got my approval back in +/- 3 weeks.

Feedback Score
    Sorry guys, I forgot to provide an update. I received the approval on 11/15 at 7:19am. It would be interesting to know what took this one so long, but I guess we'll never know. Given cj5scout's results along with my eventual approval, it looks like the answer to my question is that there is no rule against it.