Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Barrels Brands and Sourcing

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Finished off the 6.5 Grendel tonight. I like the way it turned out as well, however, I didn't realize you need Grendel magazine for these, so I have some on order.
    Which ones did you order?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Which ones did you order?
    I ordered a 4 round E-Lander for hunting and a few 24 round E-Landers for more serious work.

Please don’t tell me I ordered the wrong brand!

Feedback Score
    The fluting on the barrel makes a significant difference in weight, this one feels very light in the front.
    It ain't the flutes bro, That thing is anorexic. LOL!

For reference, My 16" bull barrels break 3lbs stripped bare.

Please report back after shooting it some how it handles the heat for you. Curious as to your results there...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ha! Yes I guess I’ll find out once the mags arrive.

I sighted the 556 in yesterday, no better way to spend Veterans Day than shooting.

It ran like a raped ape through Apple Sauce and was accurate as %#*^.

I’ll be changing both triggers to G SSA-E’s on Monday. Not a fan of the MBT’s currently installed.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had trouble with all three Alexander Arms branded E-Lander 17 round magazines I bought. I exchanged the worst one but all three bind somewhat while loading and give me nose-dive FTFs. They are robustly constructed. I put them away until ammunition is less expensive as they may break in with use. The DuraMag magazines load and feed smoothly from the first use but are more lightly constructed. If you have any trouble with feeding using the E-Landers I suggest you try a DuraMag. If the E-Landers are reliable and you don't mind their weight I suspect that they will last longer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I had trouble with all three Alexander Arms branded E-Lander 17 round magazines I bought. I exchanged the worst one but all three bind somewhat while loading and give me nose-dive FTFs. They are robustly constructed. I put them away until ammunition is less expensive as they may break in with use. The DuraMag magazines load and feed smoothly from the first use but are more lightly constructed. If you have any trouble with feeding using the E-Landers I suggest you try a DuraMag. If the E-Landers are reliable and you don't mind their weight I suspect that they will last longer.
    Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll post here how things turn out with the mags specifically. I hope they work well as they weren’t cheap.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ha! Yes I guess I’ll find out once the mags arrive.

I sighted the 556 in yesterday, no better way to spend Veterans Day than shooting.

It ran like a raped ape through Apple Sauce and was accurate as %#*^.

I’ll be changing both triggers to G SSA-E’s on Monday. Not a fan of the MBT’s currently installed.
    Curious what aspects of the MBTs you didn't like. Was it the trigger shoe shape, or the slow reset?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Curious what aspects of the MBTs you didn't like. Was it the trigger shoe shape, or the slow reset?
    It is mainly the trigger face and the relative "sharpness" of the corners. I find the crispness of the pull to be really good, not SSA-E good, but really good regardless. Resets have never bothered me that much. I can shoot HK pistols well and they aren't generally known for having great resets.

I also don't like the way they crowd things in the lower. The safety on my 556 rifle won't operate smoothly, it seems to bind on the trigger housing, which could be a bigger issue. (I know they are installed correctly, the triggers have pins after all and they are all in place.)

They are certainly well made, just not my cup of tea at this time.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 11-12-21 at 19:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is mainly the trigger face and the relative "sharpness" of the corners. I find the crispness of the pull to be really good, not SSA-E good, but really good regardless. Resets have never bothered me that much. I can shoot HK pistols well and they aren't generally known for having great resets.

I also don't like the way they crowd things in the lower. The safety on my 556 rifle won't operate smoothly, it seems to bind on the trigger housing which could be a bigger issue.

I know they are installed correctly, the triggers have pins after all and they are all in place.
    Yeah, I liked the break of the MBT too. Pretty close to the SSA-E, and I didn't mind the shoe shape, but didn't care for the slow reset as I feel that it makes the trigger slower when trying for doubles and triples. I'm also sticking with Geissele.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234