Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 in 175 NATO M118 LR and 155gr TMK's

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

7.62 in 175 NATO M118 LR and 155gr TMK's

I try to buy ammo every paycheck when I can find ammo that is not insane. I had to quit for a minute with covid and short supply issues. I found some Freedom Munitions 308 that I list above. The brass looks a little sketchy but wanted feedback from others that might have encountered such with or without issue. Give it a peek and tell me what you think. The headstamp is the same "WMA 19 " on the headstamp and a bit grungy. I dont give a fck as long as it shoots great. Take a peek.

I tossed an ACOG on a MWS and thought I would sling some this weekend. Might zero at 200 to get a bit more distance out of my ACOG.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

7.62 in 175 NATO M118 LR and 155gr TMK's

I think you’re just seeing smeared or messy primer sealant?

Hard to tell from the pics, but it is crimped so I assume it was sealed as well.

Maybe just got stored real hot?

I’d shoot it, let us know how it works.

I thought you guys shot mostly your own loads?
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-26-21 at 21:05.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We shoot a lot so we do some of both. Mostly handloads for our bolt guns but I mag dump out of my gassers and it hurts me to dump all that hard work real quick. I'll load up 20 rounds for my MWS / Colt and goto work, as will Mark. But for Bolt guns, handloads mostly. Thanks for the feedback.

I have MEN in 308 and S&B in 6.5 that cost .60/rd and never mind locking and loading. I took the S&B to 1,300 yards Sunday ringing the bell all the way out, good cheap fun. The pricer stuff is 1.25/rd like FGGM and this stuff at a bit more.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-26-21 at 21:46.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We should pull some down and see what type of powder is inside.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We should pull some down and see what type of powder is inside.
    Yeah, I'd be interested if you can tell what is in there. Highly likely it is ball of some sort..............

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I try to buy ammo every paycheck when I can find ammo that is not insane. I had to quit for a minute with covid and short supply issues. I found some Freedom Munitions 308 that I list above. The brass looks a little sketchy but wanted feedback from others that might have encountered such with or without issue. Give it a peek and tell me what you think. The headstamp is the same "WMA 19 " on the headstamp and a bit grungy.
    I'm not impressed...

I'm seeing '16, '18, and '20 headstamps, so they're mixed.

And that sealant or whatever looks like crap. I wonder what kind of quality control Freedom Munitions does, if they let that out the door – I can see that that's sloppy, so what else did they do sloppily that I can't see?

What did it cost?

My reference point: Back in '18 or '19 I bought a load of FGMM .308 (168s and 175s) for 85¢/round. I'm not bragging on that, but pointing out what "normal" prices were (and hopefully will be again soon).

And please do tell us how it shoots...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Yeah, I'd be interested if you can tell what is in there. Highly likely it is ball of some sort..............
    I'm surprised at how much rifle ammo I pull down that has extruded powder. Pulled some of that Outback 69 gr SMK ammo the other day and it had small kernels of extruded inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I'm not impressed...

And that sealant or whatever looks like crap.
    It'll be interesting to see how it shoots. Looks like the old Q3131 M193 with the crazy sealant and mixed years. We have some nice .308s to use for testing.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    We have some nice .308s to use for testing.
    Yeah, if you guys can't make it shoot, then it's junk...

Hopefully it's some kind of ugly duckling, and it'll shoot well, despite the sloppy appearance and mixed headstamps.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm surprised at how much rifle ammo I pull down that has extruded powder. Pulled some of that Outback 69 gr SMK ammo the other day and it had small kernels of extruded inside.

It'll be interesting to see how it shoots. Looks like the old Q3131 M193 with the crazy sealant and mixed years. We have some nice .308s to use for testing.
    Really, that is surprising. I don't do it very often, but I don't recall running into very much, if any, extruded in the few I've pulled. This now has me curious and I'll probably run downstairs after work and start pulling all sorts of factory rounds now.

Does anyone in this thread that reloads ever seal their primers? If so what do you use? I've thought about it for the loads I have in long term storage, but never bothered.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-27-21 at 12:53.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I'm not impressed...

And that sealant or whatever looks like crap. I wonder what kind of quality control Freedom Munitions does, if they let that out the door – I can see that that's sloppy, so what else did they do sloppily that I can't see?

What did it cost?

My reference point: Back in '18 or '19 I bought a load of FGMM .308 (168s and 175s) for 85¢/round. I'm not bragging on that, but pointing out what "normal" prices were (and hopefully will be again soon).

And please do tell us how it shoots...
    I used to buy a lot of ammo from these guys and never saw anything like it. Makes me think they bought from someone else and reboxed it.

Mark, I'll drop a couple rounds off by your house. Pull em and report.

PB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast