Thread: American Reloading American Munitions aluminum case ammo

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

American Reloading American Munitions aluminum case ammo

Is this ammunition trustworthy for training? Are the cases really new or are they reprocessing them?

https://americanreloading.com/en/40-...g-500-rds.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "We have our ammunition loaded by a commercial ammunition manufacturer with years of experience producing high quality ammunition. "

Sounds like it's made for them

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I'll bet he has old stock CCI and Federal he is re-packaging. Both look just like the picture and he says CCI/FC head stamps. CCI says do not reload aluminum cases.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I'll bet he has old stock CCI and Federal he is re-packaging. Both look just like the picture and he says CCI/FC head stamps. CCI says do not reload aluminum cases.
    Some guys do.

Feedback Score
    I had heard not to reload aluminum, but didn't know it was for real. I just recently purchased some aluminum 9mm for range quals for my LEOSA & won't be able to get my brass back, so aluminum is useful for that. Some things are hard to come by last 1 1/2 years so hate to leave brass behind.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE View Post
    I had heard not to reload aluminum, but didn't know it was for real. I just recently purchased some aluminum 9mm for range quals for my LEOSA & won't be able to get my brass back, so aluminum is useful for that. Some things are hard to come by last 1 1/2 years so hate to leave brass behind.
    Dryflash (and others) at ar15.com have done so successfully but keep their loads mild and limit the number of cycles for the sake of safety. (knowing the cases are weak to begin with)

I would not personally be scared to try IF that was all I had to reload and IF the firearm had a properly / well supported chamber.

Hopefully the day never comes where I need to scrape the bottom of that barrel and resort to reloading aluminum cases but it is nice to know that reputable reloaders have done so with success.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Dryflash (and others) at ar15.com have done so successfully but keep their loads mild and limit the number of cycles for the sake of safety. (knowing the cases are weak to begin with)

I would not personally be scared to try IF that was all I had to reload and IF the firearm had a properly / well supported chamber.

Hopefully the day never comes where I need to scrape the bottom of that barrel and resort to reloading aluminum cases but it is nice to know that reputable reloaders have done so with success.
    Same here, I don't plan on trying as long as regular brass available, but never know what the future holds.