Thread: Valuable Knowledge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Valuable Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Start a new thread in my section if you want to talk about it. I appreciate you not taking my comment the wrong way, as there was certainly no malice intended. We can jockey back and forth with some different ideas and angles of looking at things. You don't have a mentality that is wrong on a factual side, but if you are open to talk, I can explain to you what I have to a bunch of other guys (including group and swat).
    Continuation from the Pmag thread, you hinted that you had some contradictory knowledge to my conclusion. As said previously I will never stick to told beliefs in the face of good knowledge or data. I never took your post in a negative light but you have tickled my curiosity that you have something to add to the discussion and your experience are greatly valued if you wish to share it.

Some background since I dont expect people to go to the previous thread and wade through that. MY PERSONAL CONCLUSION derived from: training with the AR as a civilian to be used a civilian setting, talking to professionals such as high op temp to SWAT guys like Blowers and his team as well as SOF professionals with lots of GWOT experience is that a majority of gun fights are settled before the first mag change. Ive read Pauls stuff and he probably wouldn't be a paraplegic today if he focused more on the speed reload but his circumstances are vastly different ie. active duty guy with no pistol.

So my conclusion, with the possible and likely ways a civilian AR is going to be used is to DEEMPHASIZE the speed reload in terms of importance and focus more on getting the pistol out to the point where a drop free magazine is not a deal breaker for me. By all means if you suck as reloading the AR then its something you should spend time on but FOR ME the days of doing reload specific drills like SHOT RELOAD SHOT on the timer are over. Any reps on speed reloading now just done when doing another drill where the main focus isnt the reload or just reloading in competition.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 10-30-21 at 16:36.