Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint T1 Market

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I’ve always been surprised how strong the used Aimpoint market is, especially for a sight that’s what over 11 years old now?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Honestly I was pretty disappointed with the T-2’s brightness. Only the last 3-4 settings were useable and it was def not as bright as T-1. I never had issue with parallax on T-1 or even MRO for that matter. Not saying the reports aren’t true, just that it never impacted my shooting and brightness was/is more important to me. I’m in the market for a T-1 myself now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Honestly I was pretty disappointed with the T-2’s brightness. Only the last 3-4 settings were useable and it was def not as bright as T-1.
    Do you only shoot towards the sun?

Feedback Score
    Honestly I was pretty disappointed with the T-2’s brightness. Only the last 3-4 settings were useable and it was def not as bright as T-1. I never had issue with parallax on T-1 or even MRO for that matter. Not saying the reports aren’t true, just that it never impacted my shooting and brightness was/is more important to me. I’m in the market for a T-1 myself now.
    A few things here and for OP:

1. The T1 parallax is bad. I owned five and chased zeroes for years. It also has a much bluer lens hue than other optics.
    2. The T2 is a much better sight. The housing, glass, lens covers. I believe it to be the best on the market.
    3. The CompM5 has two YT videos that fail drop tests y dropping on the battery compartment. The optic fails.
    4. Around SN 47K, Aimpoint changed the emitter power where old power 8 now is newer version 9. You need to turn the brightness up one more to get the same output as an older gen. I find this a regression especially since you now lose battery life. I only run T2 gen 1s (all SN 40K and lower) and run them on setting 9 generally. I have owned 11 T2s and sold the 6 that were newer gen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DefenderAO View Post
    4. Around SN 47K, Aimpoint changed the emitter power where old power 8 now is newer version 9. You need to turn the brightness up one more to get the same output as an older gen. I find this a regression especially since you now lose battery life. I only run T2 gen 1s (all SN 40K and lower) and run them on setting 9 generally. I have owned 11 T2s and sold the 6 that were newer gen.
    You sound like a broken record and have regurgitated this over and over and over and over again.

https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=4241543

The older models are literally -1 for all of those settings getting more battery life and the same brightness. A miss from Aimpoint IMO
    Heads-up, the newer Aimpoint T2 micro dots (likely H2 as well) have a new LED where brightness setting 9 is the older version's 8. This change happened around SN# 46000 or so. No reason given by Aimpoint, but you now need to put it on a higher setting to be the equivalent output of an older model, and you lose battery life time.
    Yes, unfortunately Aimpoint changed its LED settings. Newer models are one setting off older models, meaning a newer T2 (call it SN# 46K+ or so) brightness 10 is an older T2 brightness 9.

I do not know why Aimpoint made this change. I look for used old models if going T2.
    Aimpoint changed the LED output on its micros. Serial Numbers 46K need a setting of 9 to equal the dot brightness of the older gen's 8. I have six T2's, five older gen (used to own three other new gen) and this is the case across the board. I do not know the exact SN# this effect started, and I do nit know why Aimpoint made this change, but it seems like a feature regression. You exponentially lose battery life for the same power output between the two...

I only will look at older T2 models as viable.
    That is different than my experience where 9 is serviceable indoors but is washed out with a white light. The challenge is knowing Aimpoint did this to their newer models and then determining if one should go back for an RMA...
    New guy, long-time lurker, very active on the other site. I've seen a few comments and threads about newer Aimpoints and brightness/dimness issues. I spoke with some industry guys a few weeks ago as I own multiple T2's, have had five T1's, and a few of my T2's are noticeably dimmer than older T2 models (or T1's).

Recently, Aimpoint decided to throttle the LED output where newer model brightness settings are one level behind older models. So, new model 10 = old model 9. I do not have a correlation to SN#'s for this effect, but there may be one imperfect tell you have a new vs. old model. Newer Aimpoints have a new logo where it looks more chemically etched than engraved like an old one. There is also a small dot in the "O" of Aimpoint on the newer logo. If you have this logo, it is likely you have an SN# of 43xxxxx-46xxxxx+ and may also have the updated brightness settings.

We don't know why Aimpoint made this change. If others never had an older Aimpoint, they'd likely not notice or complain about it. Those that have older and newer...this is what happened. And no, the battery life is not changed in the sense that the new 10 (same as older model 9) has more battery life than an older model at 10. The batteries drain at the same rate (10ish months on setting 10), but again, newer models need to be turned up one more setting for its equivalency with older brightness settings.

Lastly, this explanation won't characterize all models and brightness issues. Some may have a defect though not common with this high quality of an RDS. But many will be in this description above.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 11-08-21 at 10:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    You sound like a broken record and have regurgitated this over and over and over and over again.

https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=4241543
    1. The references are in separate threads.
    2. The questions and concerns about T2 brightness issues persist.

Seems relevant to broaden awareness. Or you can share the search function link in these threads. Or sticky my response where people can go and understand what happened.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you have astigmatism, the T2 dot is an improvement over the T1

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Had a number of H1's and T1's. I found the post 80k serial # MRO a better optic at a lower price point.

My H2 is an improvement on both, but at a higher cost. With my prescription, I think the MRO has a better dot than my H2, but the H2 has less parallax shift. I still think my M4S has the cleanest dot of all of the ones I still have.

If you're in that sub $400 range, I think the MRO is still a decent buy and a better choice than a T1/H1 which will most likely cost you a few bucks more.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Amen. I bought a t2 the other month and after about 15 minutes I sold it. Being outside in the shade, 10 was barely visible. I had read that Aimpoint changed their electronics and they were dimmer 1 level. I too could only use the last 4. 9 indoors was the lowest I could go. So much so that I thought the battery was weak and I changed with a fresh one...No dice. I have a t1 that I have had for 10 years and 7-8ish is fine outside unless its super bright. I love the micros but I was super unhappy with the newer batches of t2's. BTW before any smart assed comments I have 20-10 vision.

Feedback Score
    1. The references are in separate threads.
    2. The questions and concerns about T2 brightness issues persist.

Seems relevant to broaden awareness. Or you can share the search function link in these threads. Or sticky my response where people can go and understand what happened.

Broken record or not I agree with your assessment. Why in the hell have 8 settings that are friggin impossible to see without NVG's. And yes I have some so I understand the first four levels but what about the next 4. Even in a dark room 5-6 are barely bright enough to see. I would have rather made it -1. i.e 7 is now 6. I cant see paying that kind of scratch and barely can see the damn thing. 10-11 outdoors and then 12, surface of the sun setting. Bad news if you ask me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast