Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) Safety Recall

Feedback Score

Colt Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) Safety Recall

I thought I would make you guys aware of a safety recall published by Colt today. The recall has occurred because Colt identified that some hammers that were out of Colt specification were used in some rifle/carbine assembly since roughly March of 2021.

They have set up a good website that has a lot of information to include firearm model, lower receiver markings and serial number ranges affected by the safety recall. The website is a one stop shop for information and serial number submission to Colt. The website is https://coltrepairmsr.com/

2021-11-03_21-02-02.jpg
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn…

My 6920 is literally on the way to my dealer. Should be here on Monday. I’ll have to see if they will be shipping it back out on Tuesday.

Feedback Score

Follow-Up To My Original Post

Here is a screen image of what you will see if you have an affected serial number. I got this when I entered the serial number for my CR6920-EPR.

Colt_Safety_Recall_Affected_Serial_Numbe-2154283.jpg
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I wonder who made those hammers?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "I am uncomfortable inspecting my rifle" - I suppose it takes all kinds, but wowzers............

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP, was your hammer one of the bad?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    OP, was your hammer one of the bad?
    I have four newer Colts (CR6920, CR6940, CR6920-EPR and AR-15A4) that I need to check. I have only entered two (CR6920-EPR and AR-15A4) of the four serial numbers My CR6920-EPR serial is in the effected range but I have had time to check it yet. The AR-15A4 isnt effected.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got you.

Interested in what you find… mainly because I want to see how many different hammer contractors Colt is using.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I inspected several new CR6920s at a local gun store a while back. Some of the lowers were assembled with the usual Schmid Tool marked parts, and others were assembled with parts without markings of any kind. I wonder if this recall only affects the lowers that used the no name parts?
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 11-04-21 at 18:45.

Feedback Score
    This should be added to the thread(s) where guys are asking if the newer CR model Colts are as good as the older LE prefix ones. LOL!

None of those hammers in the picture above were 'S' marked like the triggers in every other (pre CR series) Colt I have. Wonder why?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast