Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Colt Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) Safety Recall

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman1636 View Post
    People accuse Colt of not having quality control yet it is their quality control process that identified the out of spec part.
    AFTER it got out the door and delivered to customers...

That is a QC fail in my book. Damage control after the fact.

Again, How many of your older rifles have been or were ever recalled?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    My BCM parts are marked as such. My Schmid parts are marked as such. MANY reputable vendors mark their parts and for good reasons.

If you are seriously trying to tell me that it is somehow not useful to be able to easily determine exactly who made a particular part (or did the QC before sticking their logo on it) and that I should just treat all parts the same regardless of markings - Sorry. I am not buying what you are selling.
    I'm not trying to sell anything. I couldn't sell ice water in the desert and thank the lord I don't have to do sales for a living because I would be hungry and living in appliance boxes.

I agree that part markings could be useful for identification. My only point is that I don't see anybody demanding that other AR manufacturers have marked parts other than Colt. I understand why a manufacturer would not mark all of the parts in the current market environment where competition for business is fierce, production costs need to be minimized and profits maximized.

If a person will only buy Colt if there are 'C' marked uppers, bolt carriers, etc. that is their money and their choice. They probably won't be buying any modern Colts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score

That is not true. No customers had submitted any malfunctioning firearms when the problem was identified and the recall process started.

It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    Disregard
    Last edited by minuteman1636; 11-21-21 at 22:19.

Feedback Score

I understand what you are saying and that is a good point.

I misread your reply initially. The point I was trying to make is that there had not been any customer firearm failures at the time of recall initiation.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by minuteman1636 View Post
    That is not true. No customers had submitted any malfunctioning firearms when the problem was identified and the recall process started.

You work for Colt?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    You work for Colt?
    See my additional reply to the original poster. I misread and replied incorrectly. He has a good point in that the deficiency wasn't identified until some firearms had already shipped. I do not work for Colt.

Feedback Score
    Obviously the parts involved in this current recall are NOT to spec...

Have there ever been any recalls on any of your older Colts? (nope)

Keep telling yourself that the parts are 'just as good now'.
    Bingo, Colt has not been the same quality as they once were known for. For the price of a name brand colt I can get a BCM rifle. I trust BCM rifles more then I do any newer colt period. I love my older colts but I am not such a fan boy to see the writing on the wall. Hopefully CZ can clean up the mess that is now Colt but the cancer of relying on government contracts has taken its toll.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Bingo, Colt has not been the same quality as they once were known for. For the price of a name brand colt I can get a BCM rifle. I trust BCM rifles more then I do any newer colt period. I love my older colts but I am not such a fan boy to see the writing on the wall. Hopefully CZ can clean up the mess that is now Colt but the cancer of relying on government contracts has taken its toll.
    On top of all that the current MSRP price is as high or higher than the older 6920's used to be for lesser quality and greater subcontracting out of parts (with obviously less testing cause 'production costs need to be minimized and profits maximized').

I could understand veering away slightly from what used to be the 'norm' for the LE 6920 series 'if' there was a slight reduction in cost to us (the consumers) but nope... We get to pay more for less.

At least with the Expanse series they cut us a price break when getting slightly away from what was 'the gold standard' of the 6920 but now the opposite is happening. Buyers are paying more.

FWIW - No Expanse carbines ever got recalled for anything and they all contained Schmid trigger parts.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456