Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) Safety Recall

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Got you.

Interested in what you find… mainly because I want to see how many different hammer contractors Colt is using.
    Using NOW you mean. In the past those would have come from Schmid and they would have been good parts.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    This should be added to the thread(s) where guys are asking if the newer CR model Colts are as good as the older LE prefix ones. LOL!

None of those hammers in the picture above were 'S' marked like the triggers in every other (pre CR series) Colt I have. Wonder why?
    FWIW, my CR prefix gun, purchased late last year, has a S marked hammer, so whatever change may not have been at the same time as the switch from LE to CR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Colt Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) Safety Recall

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    FWIW, my CR prefix gun, purchased late last year, has a S marked hammer, so whatever change may not have been at the same time as the switch from LE to CR.
    Seeming either they had left over parts when they restarted the AR line, or Schmid is/was a current supplier and Colt needed more than they could provide/got a better price.

Hopefully I can grab that 6920 on Monday, because I’m off during the day on Tuesday… and would want to get it out as soon as I can, if part of the recall.

Using NOW you mean. In the past those would have come from Schmid and they would have been good parts.
    And “is using” means present tense.
    Last edited by Screwball; 11-05-21 at 06:49.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Seeming either they had left over parts when they restarted the AR line, or Schmid is/was a current supplier and Colt needed more than they could provide/got a better price.
    Perhaps. It may have been stuffed under a short table leg or something. Colt is gonna Colt.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don’t know how many places make FCGs, but Schmid is currently running wide open and can’t keep up, and is adding more equipment to produce even more.

I’ve seen enough problems with Schmid FCGs that I wouldn’t worry about what Colt uses too much. Luck of the draw applies to everything.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I don’t know how many places make FCGs, but Schmid is currently running wide open and can’t keep up, and is adding more equipment to produce even more.

I’ve seen enough problems with Schmid FCGs that I wouldn’t worry about what Colt uses too much. Luck of the draw applies to everything.
    What kind of problems?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Bad hammer and disconnectors.

Very few, but it happens. 1 ALG ACT, 1 from an unknown to me LPK.

Feedback Score
    Do the hammer markings in the pic kook similar to the ones Armalite had a video and a recall on a few years back?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Bad hammer and disconnectors.

Very few, but it happens. 1 ALG ACT, 1 from an unknown to me LPK.
    What do you mean by 'bad'?

Heat treat issues, Geometry of sear angles... What exactly was wrong?

I'll take Schmid parts over no-name stuff any day of the week myself. Pretty sure their reputation for quality is why so many use them.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What do you mean by 'bad'?

Heat treat issues, Geometry of sear angles... What exactly was wrong?

I'll take Schmid parts over no-name stuff any day of the week myself. Pretty sure their reputation for quality is why so many use them.
    Bad geometry. Both would fire on reset.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast