Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) Safety Recall

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Damn…

My 6920 is literally on the way to my dealer. Should be here on Monday. I’ll have to see if they will be shipping it back out on Tuesday.
    Just ask for a new fire control group and install yourself.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duroSIG556R View Post
    I'm not sure why most people on this board wouldn't do exactly that.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duroSIG556R View Post
    They offer that?

Feedback Score
    They offer that?
    Very doubtful they will just send you the parts to install yourself. Especially not trigger parts...

Feedback Score
    I'd take it as an opportunity to upgrade the trigger and be done with it. Hate sending shit back when you can fix it yourself for a hundy, get a better trigger, and avoid the headaches. But I guess to some it would lose its shiny veneer as it would no longer be all original Colt......

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    If you go as far as replacing the trigger group to get a better trigger, you might as well go all out and get it Geissele SSA-E.

I’m still curious to know if the trigger groups affected by this recall all came from the same supplier, and who that supplier is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Colt Modern Sporting Rifle (MSR) Safety Recall

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I'd take it as an opportunity to upgrade the trigger and be done with it. Hate sending shit back when you can fix it yourself for a hundy, get a better trigger, and avoid the headaches. But I guess to some it would lose its shiny veneer as it would no longer be all original Colt......
    I get that… but sort of pisses me off to buy a $900 rifle, and have to be worried it will break and turn into a s***y binary trigger without warning.

I probably do have a mil-spec trigger laying around, but I don’t feel that I should have to purchase a trigger to make sure the gun will function correctly. Nor should I have to screw around with it. If Colt would send a new hammer… I’d toss it in just to not have to deal with the lower being in transport for a week (not to mention all the carriers suck in respect to time and package handling). But as stated… it’s liability with trigger components. I get that, which is why I was shocked when two members suggested that was an option.

I can swap a trigger easily… but it’s not the point. Colt’s fault for a bad batch of hammers that they purchased, so they can foot the costs on shipping (hell, they can send me the box and packing material) and paying someone to swap the trigger… because it isn’t right out of the box. Same would have happened it something else was messed up on a new gun. I only purchase used guns for a project (try not to if I can help it), not a brand new AR.

We are qualifying at work these two weeks, so I rather have tossed the Aimpoint on and zero it between the end of that and winter starting up (it’s unfortunately coming). A trigger may be an option down the road, but I like running it stock to see if it is really needed.
    Last edited by Screwball; 11-09-21 at 08:47.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If anyone is looking to just purchase a “stock” trigger, the ALG QMS (the ACT, too) happens to have “S” stamped on it, just like my non-recalled Colt.

Edit: sidenote…. Wasn’t someone speculating in another thread like a year ago that Schmid had some role in manufacturing G triggers?
    Last edited by 1168; 11-09-21 at 09:17.

Feedback Score
    I get that… but sort of pisses me off to buy a $900 rifle, and have to be worried it will break and...
    Pretty much this.

You paid good money for a known brand item and have reasonable expectations from said item.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    These things happen. Schmid makes an unbelievable amount of FCGs for ARs.

They make them for Daniel Defense, BCM, Sionics, SOLGW, LWRCI, Spikes, PSA, ALG, Dirty Bird, R2B, almost all of them. Every nickel teflon enhanced mil-spec trigger is likely made by Schmid, the vast majority of triggers in any decent LPK is as well.

Be happy that Colt identified that there was an issue and got in front of it.
    Last edited by 17K; 11-09-21 at 21:40.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast