Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solid Mount For PVS 14

Feedback Score

Solid Mount For PVS 14

I've been running a PVS 14 for years now and my current setup is a rhino mount on a Team Wendy bump helmet. I've never been satisfied with the stability of this set up. I see YouTubers talking about the set ups they're running, being Wilcox or Norotos, saying they're so much more stable. What is the most stable mount for the 14, break away and non-break away?

The answer isn't to upgrade to a PVS 15 and the more modern mounts that go with it. I have a damaged left eye so I can't see out of it anyway. Saved me a bunch of money that I can just go with a 14. See, anyone can be a glass half full person.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I do t have experience with Norotos NCOER stuff but I’ve been very pleased with my Wilcox G24 at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I attended the TNVC Night Fighter 101 course this last month. The consensus among the instructors was that the Wilcox 24 was the most versatile mount across the board but that the Norotos INVG was probably the Best mount if you only ever intended to run a PVS 14. I have limited hard use etc...experience with NODS, mostly I hunt pigs, never in the military. I own both the Wilcox and the INVG and I prefer the INVG for my uses, FWIW.
    Last edited by Esq.; 11-05-21 at 14:21.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm wondering if there is good solid mount that doesn't cost $500 plus.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the responses. I'll check them out. Everything I have is from TNVC so far. I'll check there first.

Feedback Score
    Another question since you all actually have experience with the suggested mounts. When I flip my 14 up, it seems like I have to readjust the J arm when I flip it back down. The J arm I have is the regular plastic one used with the rhino. Is this problem solved with the NOROTOS and Wilcox adaptors. It seems to me as if alot of the instability comes from the J arm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'm wondering if there is good solid mount that doesn't cost $500 plus.
    There is. The Rhino 2 is a dang good mount. $70 on Ebay. If you mod. it with the Norotos wedge adapter and get the Noisefighter x14 Arm, it's a very good system.

Feedback Score
    The Wilcox G24 and the Wilcox Dovetail Arm:
    https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-pvs-14-...43017578125000

Additionally you can cut a piece of inner tube to tighten up the inner face between the shroud and the G24.

Also using shock cord as your safety lanyard provides some tension that adds additional stability.
    Last edited by prepare; 11-05-21 at 20:04.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    Another question since you all actually have experience with the suggested mounts. When I flip my 14 up, it seems like I have to readjust the J arm when I flip it back down. The J arm I have is the regular plastic one used with the rhino. Is this problem solved with the NOROTOS and Wilcox adaptors. It seems to me as if alot of the instability comes from the J arm.
    I haven’t had that issue with the few times I’ve run a G24 and Wilcox j-arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm just getting into NV, I went eith the Wilcox G24 and a Noisefighter AX-14. The AX-14 has a joint in the middle that alows it to have an extra pivot point which should be a step up from the original J-arm.

If you didn't want that feature you could probably just tightened that joint up (uses and allen key bolt with nut on the back thats retained into the arm). This would likely give you the return back to original position you were looking for.

The lock up of the dovetail to the G24 seem solid.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast