Thread: Better-Mag adapter...no BHO...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Better-Mag adapter...no BHO...

Have not actually shot this rifle yet, but on every dry run, there is no BHO.

I'm running a BCA side charging 22Lr upper, PSA lower with CMMG LPK & strike industries bolt catch. Using M&P15-22 mags

Adapter is installed right. Rounds cycle fine manually and mags insert & eject as they should

Feedback Score
    You may have a bolt catch that is incompatible with the Better Mag kit or the Better Mag kit is not really correctly installed. It took me a few tries to get the hang of installing the part of the kit that actuates the bolt catch.

Another possibility is that your bolt catch spring is a little too strong for the kit. If you have extra springs try cutting off 1 or 2 coils.

What is the condition of the follower in the magazine you are using? Do you have the problem with more than 1 magazine?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderpigeon View Post
    You may have a bolt catch that is incompatible with the Better Mag kit or the Better Mag kit is not really correctly installed. It took me a few tries to get the hang of installing the part of the kit that actuates the bolt catch.

Another possibility is that your bolt catch spring is a little too strong for the kit. If you have extra springs try cutting off 1 or 2 coils.

What is the condition of the follower in the magazine you are using? Do you have the problem with more than 1 magazine?
    Definitely installed right as I read the instructions & watched videos to make sure if it. Strike bolt catch with CMMG LPK. These are perfectly fine M&P15-22 mags

All 4 mags = no BHO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    Definitely installed right as I read the instructions & watched videos to make sure if it. Strike bolt catch with CMMG LPK. These are perfectly fine M&P15-22 mags

All 4 mags = no BHO
    Have you separated the upper from the lower receiver so you can see if the BMA "follower" is contacting the tab on the magazines?

Feedback Score
    Just another thought. Have you tested this lower without the BMA kit? In other words, does the bolt lock back with a centerfire bolt and upper installed?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderpigeon View Post
    Have you separated the upper from the lower receiver so you can see if the BMA "follower" is contacting the tab on the magazines?
    yes, i have