Thread: Steiner mini TOR IR

Feedback Score

Steiner mini TOR IR

Curious to see what folks experience with this little guy is. I have one mounted at 12 O'clock on a 300 BO build, and I have to say this is the most frustrating aiming device I've ever dealt with. No markings on adjustments, no tactile clicks, the directions only reference moving the dot not point of impact. And of course everything has to be done under NODS which has its own challenges. I guess with the price point I can't complain. The dot is very usable, but trying to get it zeroed at 50 yds is driving me nuts. Anyone run one of these? Thoughts? thanks

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I don’t have that one, but the way I zero’d the VIR II was I put the gun lightly in a vice aimed at a distant (and safe) object, then I pulled my tubes down and dialed the laser to the object. I’ve also done it by looking through the optic with my nods while dialing the laser, focusing on a distant object, like a berm.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I'm going to do something similar tonight..My red dot is right where I want it, so I'll try that . I started on paper at about 20 yds, but the more I increased the distance the more it was all over the place. The other thing that threw me for a loop is the instructions on adjustment are for a pistol mounted unit (6 O'clock) and mine is at 12...So I suspect I was turning things the wrong way.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I don’t have that one, but the way I zero’d the VIR II was I put the gun lightly in a vice aimed at a distant (and safe) object, then I pulled my tubes down and dialed the laser to the object.
    Same here with the VIRII and other IR only beams. I typically get the dot on at 100yards and sync the beam to that.