Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolf gold discontinued?

Feedback Score

Wolf gold discontinued?

It’s my favorite 223/556 ammo around. I have shot over 100,000 rounds of it over the years. Very accurate and consistent. I can’t find it anywhere in years. I’m almost out of my last case. Anyone know where I can get some more or is it gone forever? It’s made in Taiwan so the Russian import ban shouldn’t affect it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    100,000 rounds? Uh yeah... I think you've used up your share.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by A556Nato View Post
    It’s my favorite 223/556 ammo around. I have shot over 100,000 rounds of it over the years. Very accurate and consistent. I can’t find it anywhere in years. I’m almost out of my last case. Anyone know where I can get some more or is it gone forever? It’s made in Taiwan so the Russian import ban shouldn’t affect it.
    I’m not sure exporting ammo is high on Taiwans list right now.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by A556Nato View Post
    I can’t find it anywhere in years. .

Discontinued? It was widely available online up until the panic pandemic and after that it suffered the same fate as evey other caliber! SOLD OUT!! Now as things start to open up kinda sorta that particular brand relies on shipping and we've obviously been having shipping issues. So anything imported is going to be hard(er) to get

Wolf isn't a Russian company, they just repackage ammo. It's a trademark of Sporting Supplies International out of California

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 11-07-21 at 08:45.

Feedback Score
    This has become a recount favorite when I couldn’t find Fed XM. I picked up a case several months ago from TargetSports.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You can get Wolf WM193, which is made in Taiwan. Plain white box. I haven't tried any but my guess is it's the same stuff as Wolf Gold. Try Aim Surplus, it was $9.95 a box.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sad news, I have always been impressed with Wolf Gold. I have shot thousands of rounds (not anywhere near 100K though, LOL).
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Currently available from 13 online retailers, starting at $0.50 per cartridge.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.56x45mm-nato/Wolf?co=new

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    You can get Wolf WM193, which is made in Taiwan. Plain white box. I haven't tried any but my guess is it's the same stuff as Wolf Gold. Try Aim Surplus, it was $9.95 a box.
    I have bought some and tried it. It does work but it’s not as accurate as the standard wolf gold. It’s like federal xm193 in the accuracy department (2-3moa) Wolf gold has always been 1moa for me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Currently available from 13 online retailers, starting at $0.50 per cartridge.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.56x45mm-nato/Wolf?co=new
    Nope not the same stuff. I have tried the white box stuff and it’s not the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast