Thread: Anyone with Colt knowledge please help me out. LE6920 help and A4?? help

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Anyone with Colt knowledge please help me out. LE6920 help and A4?? help

So the first one is AR-15A4 and has a rollmark Lightweight LE Carbine Ser. CarXXXXXX. Upper receiver is C with a keyhole. It is new with box but I don't know what model this is or what it is worth.

Other one is a LE6920 with stamped rollmark M4 Carbine with LExxxxx serial number. Upper receiver is C with a square. It is new with box and seller is asking $1,095 but I can do layaway which helps me out cause poor.

Feedback Score
    The carbine with the AR15A4 Lightweight LE Carbine rollmark is an AR6720. It has a lightweight barrel profile. Some came with detachable carry handles (early production) whereas older models came with Magpul flip-up sights. These are not seen too often on the secondary market these days and are out of production.

The LE6920 is priced very well at the price you quoted.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    So the first one is AR-15A4 and has a rollmark Lightweight LE Carbine Ser. CarXXXXXX. Upper receiver is C with a keyhole. It is new with box but I don't know what model this is or what it is worth.

Other one is a LE6920 with stamped rollmark M4 Carbine with LExxxxx serial number. Upper receiver is C with a square. It is new with box and seller is asking $1,095 but I can do layaway which helps me out cause poor.
    Buy both immediately or at least the lightweight 6720.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Buy both immediately or at least the lightweight 6720.
    Absolutely agree. Both of them in the $2000 to $2500 range would be a good deal.

It is the task of our generation, yours and mine. But we build and defend not for our generation alone. We defend the foundations laid down by our fathers. We build a life for generations yet unborn.
    We defend and we build a way of life, not for America alone, but for all mankind. Ours is a high duty, a noble task.---Franklin Delano Roosevelt May 26th, 1940.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well $2,000 isn't an option but which one would be the better "investment" if current ARs could even be called that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsign32v View Post
    Well $2,000 isn't an option but which one would be the better "investment" if current ARs could even be called that.
    That is a tough call because, in my opinion, neither carbine is rare enough to be considered an investment. Having said that, if I had money to spend on one, I would probably get the AR15A4 Lightweight LE Carbine because they are the least common of the two options.

As additional support to that thought, Colt has the CR6920 on the market now at prices as low as $750. People wanting a general purpose LE6920 have options. There isn't a current Colt market equivalent for the AR6720 and there probably never will be so you have gradual value appreciation on the collectors market.

Ultimately, you have to decide what your goal is with the purchase (collectable, recreational firing, etc).

As a collector, I like the AR-15A4 Lightweight LE Carbine rollmark and am glad to have a late production, new in box example in my collection. That is what I would buy if I was in your shoes. But, as stated previously, don't let my preferences override what your interests are in the hobby.