Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody have experience with Centurion Arms’s CHF SOCOM barrels?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    On the off chance you're not being sarcastic the Facebook CEO is Mark Zuckerberg.
    I thought maybe it was a sarcastically named FB alternative.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I thought maybe it was a sarcastically named FB alternative.
    I was referring to Facebook. The group is fairly well put together, Corrie and Monty regularly check it and frequently respond to questions on lead times, technical specs, etc.

Most reviews I've read put the 14.5 SOCOM barrel around 1.0-1.5 MOA with good ammo. It's one I'd like to grab for myself at some point as well, and personally would prefer it to the other available offerings from major mfrs.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    I was referring to Facebook. The group is fairly well put together, Corrie and Monty regularly check it and frequently respond to questions on lead times, technical specs, etc.

Most reviews I've read put the 14.5 SOCOM barrel around 1.0-1.5 MOA with good ammo. It's one I'd like to grab for myself at some point as well, and personally would prefer it to the other available offerings from major mfrs.
    If I find that deal again I’ll probably jump on it. 1.5 moa is GTG for a work oriented barrel IMO.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Sorry to bring this back up, but Brownell’s has the regular govt. profile Colt M4 barrels in stock, and I’m tempted to order one. I was wondering how a govt. profile barrel compares to a SOCOM profile barrel in regards to running suppressed? I would think the thinner profile under the handguard would create more barrel whip with a can mounted, and thus degrade accuracy or create a more significant zero shift. Anybody have any light they can shed on this? I’ve only used SOCOM profile barrels, so I want to make sure I have all the info before I proceed with something different.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Sorry to bring this back up, but Brownell’s has the regular govt. profile Colt M4 barrels in stock, and I’m tempted to order one. I was wondering how a govt. profile barrel compares to a SOCOM profile barrel in regards to running suppressed? I would think the thinner profile under the handguard would create more barrel whip with a can mounted, and thus degrade accuracy or create a more significant zero shift. Anybody have any light they can shed on this? I’ve only used SOCOM profile barrels, so I want to make sure I have all the info before I proceed with something different.
    Every barrel is its own animal... BUT... (my sample of one) I ran a can on a govt profile bushmaster way back before BCM et al were options. Not a problem at all. minimal poi shift. I'd go GOVT profile because a Socom is already heavy without the can. If weight is no concern, a SOCOM might edge out the govt in possible POI shift issues.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12