Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have experience with Centurion Arms’s CHF SOCOM barrels?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Anybody have experience with Centurion Arms’s CHF SOCOM barrels?

I’m just curious how these barrels perform, but there doesn’t seem to be any first hand info out there. Any of you on the forum have any real world experience with these? I’m sure they’re quite durable, but how about accuracy? Are they as accurate as Colt’s SOCOM barrel?

https://centurionarms.com/barrels/so...ine-14-5-inch/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don’t think any M4A1 will really measurably outperform any other mil-spec M4A1 barrel.

Centurion has had some ridiculously big gas ports on some of their barrels so I would verify that before ordering.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Your link shows out of stock so you won't have to worry about it apparently. I have no experience with them as barrels, however, I would think twice whether or not you really want the 14.5" unless you're planning to SBR.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 11-15-21 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Based on my experience with their CHF midweight barrels, I'd be surprised if they were much less accurate than the Colt. My mid-weights and Colt SOCOMs are roughly on par with duty ammo. I've been to test everything with 77 gr match loads but I'm hoarding primers at the moment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I would think twice whether or not you really want the 14.5".
    Just curious what reason you say about the 14.5”. Is the 14.5” not as good as a 16”?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    Just curious what reason you say about the 14.5”. Is the 14.5” not as good as a 16”?
    A 14.5" mucst have an muzzle long enough to pin and weld to make 16" or it is an NFA item.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anybody have experience with Centurion Arms’s CHF SOCOM barrels?

Exactly.

Even though I own one, pinned and welded makes little to no sense. Just get a 16” or a 10 or 12” and SBR or pistol.

Mine was a smoking deal, otherwise I’d have passed.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I don’t think any M4A1 will really measurably outperform any other mil-spec M4A1 barrel.

Centurion has had some ridiculously big gas ports on some of their barrels so I would verify that before ordering.
    These are .0625 per Corrie Leclair.

OP: If you have ZuccBook, there's a Centurion Arms owners' group on there that has some first hand reviews of the SOCOM barrels. What I've seen thus far is that they're solid performers.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    These are .0625 per Corrie Leclair.

OP: If you have ZuccBook, there's a Centurion Arms owners' group on there that has some first hand reviews of the SOCOM barrels. What I've seen thus far is that they're solid performers.
    Good to know on the actual port size, thanks for posting that. I don’t even know what ZuccBook is, but all I need from a barrel of this type is 2.0 moa or better, (preferably 1.5 moa or better). I’m not looking for a precision competition gun, just something that’s combat effective. I usually use Colt SOCOM barrels, but those are unobtainium right now, and I had an opportunity to purchase one of these Centurion CHF SOCOM barrels a few weeks back. That opportunity has since closed, so unless one barrel performs significantly better than the other, I’ll just order whichever barrel becomes available first.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    On the off chance you're not being sarcastic the Facebook CEO is Mark Zuckerberg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast