Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Ruger, I mean Marlin 1894 since Ruger bought them?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thoughts on Ruger, I mean Marlin 1894 since Ruger bought them?

Looking at a 1894 and in researching them I learned the early 1894’s were good with the JM stamp, then quality really fell off once the stamp came off. Is quality back since Ruger is running the show now?

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    The first Ruger/Marlin will be the 1895. No other models have yet been announced.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    The first Ruger/Marlin will be the 1895. No other models have yet been announced.
    Good info.

Well that further confirms my other post about the MarlinFirearmStore as a scam because they had everything showing in stock.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a 1895 I bought used. If I remember correctly it was 2016 production. I have not had any problems but it not like I run it hard. It's just a fun rifle to occasionally take out and with the price of 45-70 it's very occasional

Shitty pic but hard to fit this thing in frame
    Last edited by Arik; 11-10-21 at 07:56.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Better to be in the hands of Ruger than in the hands of an equity firm. I predict Ruger will do good things for Marlin in the future.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is a company out there that makes aftermarket parts for these. They're like WC or S&S of lever guns. I'll see if I can remember the name.

https://rangerpointstore.com/

Of all the people I found out about this place from Chris Costa. Apparently he's big into 45-70
    Last edited by Arik; 11-10-21 at 08:10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Looking at a 1894 and in researching them I learned the early 1894’s were good with the JM stamp, then quality really fell off once the stamp came off. Is quality back since Ruger is running the show now?

Thank you.
    Not all rifles built by Remington were "junk", and not all JM rifles were perfect. There was for sure a large amount of inconsistency ranging from nothing wrong to never could get to work right in the beginning of Remington production. As time when on things improved. It is possible that a lever savvy shopper could find a low cost, but decent rifle from this time period due to the internet bias. Just be sure to give any perspective rifle a close look.

As for did Rugger bring back the quality? Likely, but unconfirmed as no rifles for public purchase have shipped.

some fairly recent updates can be found here
    https://www.guns.com/news/2021/10/22...t-marlin-rifle

and

https://youtu.be/X_AHFat3yqE

Feedback Score
    Unless you are in a big hurry to obtain one I would wait until until mid year 2022. Once Ruger gets guns in the hands of consumers the prices may come down. If next years election proves favorable to 2A folks I would expect to see prices start to drop even more.
    I sold one of my Marlin 30 30's earlier this year at auction and got almost double my buying price. Of course I try to buy used after Christmas. Here in E TN hunting season is over then and a lot of my fellow rednecks will sell their hunting rifles to pay off credit card bills.
    1894's are sweet, I have one in 44 mag. It's perfect for the woods of E TN in IMHO.
    Last edited by RugerMKII; 11-10-21 at 11:31. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I totally expect Ruger’s first iteration of the 1894 to be .44Mag, with .38/.357 after.

I wouldn’t buy it, but I think an 1894 in .327 Federal with a matching revolver would be kinda cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Next year is what I'm hearing for Ruger produced Marlins to really be available. They built a new factory in NC, and I hear the machinery and tooling they received as part of the sale was in horrible condition. Like, "hasn't been properly maintained for years" horrible.

I hear the 95s are trickling out, but it's gonna be a bit before they are a retail presence.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast