Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Ruger, I mean Marlin 1894 since Ruger bought them?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Are the Ruger guns going to have cast receivers?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    As with most Ruger products there will be a recall after the first batch comes out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by meausoc View Post
    As with most Ruger products there will be a recall after the first batch comes out.
    Funny cause its true. Also brace yourself for the billboard of safety text engraved on the firearm.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    John B. Snow seems to approve and give a thumbs up on the Ruger/Marlin 1895SBL, but then I do take gun-rag reviews with a grain of salt.

The Marlin 1895 SBL in .45/70 Gov’t is the first rifle out of the gates since Marlin was acquired by Ruger, and after using one for the last several weeks and taking it hunting, I am breathing a huge sigh of relief. Ruger has done right by the beloved brand. And not only has Ruger rescued Marlin from the wreckage of the Remington bankruptcy but based on what I’ve seen so far, it is making the best lever-actions in Marlin’s history. Put simply, Ruger has successfully reincarnated Marlin as a modern gun company.

cont...

The New Marlin 1895 SBL .45/70 Rifle Is the Best Lever-Action in the Company’s History
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I will probably pick a 95 up down the road as well as a 94 when they come out. I currently have a 95 guide gun as well as a 94 that are Remlins. I have not had any issues with either and the quality on them is as good as any of the older JM Marlins I have handled. Mine were not the early Remington made ones that seemed to lack consistent quality control. I have done a little tuning to both of them to run a bit smoother, but they did not need it out of the box. I may have just been lucky. I predict that the Ruger ones will be well made.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I really want a threaded 357.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I would not hesitate to get one "eventually". Didn't realize it until this thread, but come to think of it I have several Rugers and happy with all.

6" GP 100 in .357
    Mark IV 22/45 Lite
    LCP
    2 x 10/22's

I'm sure they'll do well with the Marlin lever actions. That being said I have 2 JM Marlins in .357 and a SS in .44 Mag. I won't be looking to grab a new lever gun under Ruger's control. But like i said, I would not hesitate to get one if I were looking.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’m looking forward to the 357 Magnum models.

Feedback Score
    It's good to see the positive reports on them, even if it is "gun rag" stuff.

That SS 95 looks nice. Not in the market for one but I'm sure they will do well. I have a JM blue and walnut 95, can't see a reason to pick up another 45-70.

I have an inexplicable want for a 357 lever. Maybe when the 94 comes out in that caliber.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    It's good to see the positive reports on them, even if it is "gun rag" stuff.

That SS 95 looks nice. Not in the market for one but I'm sure they will do well. I have a JM blue and walnut 95, can't see a reason to pick up another 45-70.

I have an inexplicable want for a 357 lever. Maybe when the 94 comes out in that caliber.
    Nothing inexplicable about it. I have one, and it’s my favorite gun. I’d love to get a couple of more, just because. One for each kid because they can’t have mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast