Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie needs some advice...

Feedback Score

Newbie needs some advice...

Hey guys/gals,

I'm not new to firearms, however, I'm new to AR's. I just bought my 1st - a Noveske Afghan 14.5, and am in need of an optic for it. Two things to note - I'm a right-handed shooter and am very left-eye dominate. I'm far-sighted and can't shoot a handgun without reading glasses as I can't see the sights, although my distance vision is good. Would love to be able to use an optic with both eyes open.

Looking for an optic that is fairly good at close range, but also good up to 100 yds. No set budget - will spend what I need to get something good that works.

Recommendations?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It sounds like you're looking for a good red dot. Many here would have you go for a tried and true Aimpoint, which are mostly good to go. A bit overpriced for what you get, in my opinion, but you likely won't have any issues with one. The Micro T2 model can be a bit dim though.

I personally prefer the Holosun 515 models over the Aimpoint because of their features, but have got my eye on their new AEMS model which will be going on a new build.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Aimpoint if you don't want to support Communism.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I am also fond of Aimpoint, because they are durable, reliable, non-chinese, and can be left turned on. For the budget-minded, I would look at the PRO. And on the “only the finest will do” end, there is the Comp M5 1.93 combo available at Scalarworks.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. I definitely want American-made, so Aimpoint it is.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stratguy View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I definitely want American-made, so Aimpoint it is.
    Good choice, but its Swedish, just to be clear.

Feedback Score
    My mistake, thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by stratguy View Post
    My mistake, thanks.
    If you want American made, go with the Trijicon MRO or one of the EOTech holographic sights. Both are good to go, but the Trijicon has battery life measured in years, whereas the EOTech will only last a few weeks.

Feedback Score
    I'm ok with Swedish-made...just don't want anything from China.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Aimpoint T-2 Micro
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast