Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie needs some advice...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Aimpoint T-2 Micro
    That's the way I'm leaning.

Feedback Score
    Do you have an astigmatism? You may want to look through any red dot sights you are considering to see how the dot appears to your eye(s).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderpigeon View Post
    Do you have an astigmatism? You may want to look through any red dot sights you are considering to see how the dot appears to your eye(s).
    This is a great suggestion.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Since you're leaning Aimpoint I'll toss the PRO into the suggestion box.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If your eyes are that bad, like mine, I strongly recommend trying to check out the Trijicon TA44.

There are many threads here in the forum, see what people have to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    If your eyes are that bad, like mine, I strongly recommend trying to check out the Trijicon TA44.

There are many threads here in the forum, see what people have to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Trijicon MRO is a nice red dot and USA made, but be aware they do not always play well with magnifiers(I think the HD model usually works ok) if that is a future possibility.

Good advice on trying any dot first in case of astigmatism. I have a mild level so a dot is useable usually with a small ray coming off it, but some people see a jumbled mess of red globs.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-13-21 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Trijicon MRO is a nice red dot and USA made, but be aware they do not always play well with magnifiers(I think the HD model usually works ok) if that is a future possibility.

Good advice on trying any dot first in case of astigmatism. I have a mild level so a dot is useable usually with a small ray coming off it, but some people see a jumbled mess of red globs.
    Is the magnifier issue really still a thing? My newer MRO non-HD works great with an Aimpoint magnifier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the topic of astigmatisms, while not scientific and only personal experience, putting all effort into a hard target focus makes it less of an issue for me. If I allow any of my focus to shift to the dot, it definitely distorts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Is the magnifier issue really still a thing? My newer MRO non-HD works great with an Aimpoint magnifier.
    A buddy recently bought a new MRO and soon after a local shop had a 2nd hand Vortex micro 3x he picked up. Couldn't get a crisp dot and downrange image at the same time, one would be sharp with the other a total blur. Worked fine on my Holosuns so i ended up with it.

I will throw in we both have a mild astigmatism so it could be the combinations at work there and I have not tried it with an Aimpoint PRO I have.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast