Thread: Marlin Firearm Store, Marlin Gun Store SCAM

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Marlin Firearm Store, Marlin Gun Store SCAM

PSA……Heads up, I came across a website called Marlin Firearm Store and was able to enter an order for a rifle. The site looks legit and adds the item to a cart and even has a place to enter your FFL. It gets all the way to payment information and tells you that it accepts Zelle or a crypto currency. It then enters the order and gives you a confirmation email and then states that there is going to be a follow up email with how to submit your payment via Zelle. The follow up email is where the red flags become flaming firebombs of scam suspicion. It has an email address to send the funds to that is not even remotely close to a business email much less one that should go with the Marlin brand and then there is a name to use to go along with the email that is very suspect. They also want a screenshot of your payment to confirm payment before they will “register your purchase for delivery”.

I searched around online and this appears to be a common scam. They were close to getting me, but it turned into too much of a $hit show at the end of the experience, so I called BS on them and bailed.

They call themselves the Marlin Firearms Store and or the Marlin Gun Store
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 11-09-21 at 20:53.