Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can y'all teach me about suppressors?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After being issued an OSS Helix it has become my recommendation for all 5.56 suppression needs. Until I get to test some of the new crop of other flow through cans likes the Sig SLX or KAC PRT.

Feedback Score
    If you want to stick with surefire, look at the 300sps for use on both calibers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked up three suppressors when I went in…

-Rugged Oculus
    -Dead Air Odessa 9
    -Griffin Bushwhacker 46

The Rugged is a modular .22 can. I got it for my .22 stuff for around the house (pests and plinking). But I picked up a Beretta Bobcat Covert (threaded) and a S&W M&P 15/22 pistol specifically for it. If you want quiet, rimfire suppressors are definitely where it’s at. I sort of want to get a Ruger Mark series… cut the barrel down and thread it for an Assassins looking pistol (using the Rugged can… no sights, just a red dot in the rear dovetail).

The Dead Air was mainly for my 9mm AR pistol, and I will finally be able to run it as I finally got the fixed mount setup. Will fit the 6” barrel under the forend, with about 5” of the suppressor hanging out. But I also wanted it because it is close to the diameter to the .22 can… and can be adjusted with length. Already have barrels for the Glock and P938. It’s a good can for pistols because it is thin… most can get away with standard sights clearing the can. Was debating about having my Walther PP (.32) threaded… and still may. But I sort of want to see about my Nagant revolver… just because.

The Griffin is sort of going to be my work horse suppressor. Mainly will run on my truck gun (AR pistol), but I have Taper mounts on most of my ARs. Will have my .308 bolt gun threaded soon, and probably will get A2 adapters for the couple ARs I don’t plan on changing the muzzle device on. I do want to get a threaded bigger bore lever gun for it, but figure those won’t be an issue to acquire in the near future.

Mentioned that it will likely live on my truck gun, being it’s a 11.5” 5.56mm. Will it be silent like the 9mm or .22s? Absolutely not. But it will be quieter than an unsuppressed 11.5” AR pistol. I have ear plugs in the sling for a reason, if I can toss them in. But less damage is better than more… if I had to use it.

My checks were cashed in mid-June, so I’m looking like first quarter 2022. Cannot wait, but I should have most of my guns squared away by then… which is a good thing.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    The Dead Air was mainly for my 9mm AR pistol, and I will finally be able to run it as I finally got the fixed mount setup.
    Where do I obtain this Odessa fixed mount?
    Last edited by 1168; 11-15-21 at 16:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Where do I obtain this Odessa fixed mount?
    Was available on SilencerShop… but went out of stock (just checked).

I was driving down to NJ, and first got a heads up that M&P 15/22 short magazines were in stock at MidwayUSA. Bought at Wendy’s in Bangor. Email for the fixed mount came in as I was just passing Portland… so stopped and ordered it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Was available on SilencerShop… but went out of stock (just checked).

I was driving down to NJ, and first got a heads up that M&P 15/22 short magazines were in stock at MidwayUSA. Bought at Wendy’s in Bangor. Email for the fixed mount came in as I was just passing Portland… so stopped and ordered it.
    Did some googling… Hansohn Bros has one. I had no idea this existed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Did some googling… Hansohn Bros has one. I had no idea this existed.
    I’ve been back/forth with Dead Air about it for months. Like May/June time period. Keep saying it is a few weeks out.

I was getting pissed, because I can’t run the piston on the AR. And they aren’t doing a sleeve to allow it to be used.

It’s well made. Plus, it allows other guns to use it… like my PP or Nagant… if I have them threaded.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    On the rifle side, cans are cans (really just about total volume, weight, and attachment mechanism), so getting a really nice .30 cal can and calling it good makes sense.
    .22lr intended cans are definitely the most fun - need something that you can service because those will see tons of rounds down the pipe, they're the most enjoyable outright.

For long guns, one very good can is worthwhile, if you can afford something with low enough POI shift across your intended platforms, just buy muzzle devices and keep track of what the zero shift generally is - I'd keep one constantly zeroed to it, and the remainder it just depends how you plan on using that.

Even a mediocre can is much better than nothing, but since you're paying a $200 troll toll, and you'll likely have it for a long time, get something as nice as you can, it'll ultimately be preferable
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I’m my opinion, Surefire makes the best 556 can all around. Just make sure to stay away from their Warcomp family of muzzle devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I’m my opinion, Surefire makes the best 556 can all around. Just make sure to stay away from their Warcomp family of muzzle devices.
    With the suppressor or without? Or either one?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast