Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can y'all teach me about suppressors?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’m guessing SF cans outsell every other one though?
    No not even close. They are niche like KAC. The reality is most buyers prefer latest offerings, at lower price points, despite many older designs being superior. Hard to talk them out of it, even when I do a demo. Always refreshing to get a customer interested in quality, not price or trendiness.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Thanks for your detailed response above. I always like to hear why folks choose what they choose.

As an FFL/SOT, I have sold thousands of cans since end of AWB. Guess which mount has most problems? Surefire. More cans sent downrange with that mount than any other. Like 99.99%. So it is always interesting when folks choose it based on mount. It is a complex mount relative to others, generally needs two hands, and as a rule I think less moving parts on a silencer the better. However once you get mount properly installed, it is rock solid and does not move or come off.

I agree the index notch makes it easy to know if it is clocked (DA does this too), but the inability to know if it is pushed all the way on is what causes all the can launches. The design allows one to lock it up, even when it is not fully only. They have never fixed this. Folks really need to pay attention to how far back over Muzzle device it can go and make sure it does that every time before you twist it on.
    Really? Imo if you pay attention you can feel instantly if the collar didnt turn all the way, then pull like a mag if its dark... that said, are people mounting silencers under stress in the dark?

I also have no issue mounting with one hand.

That said, my next can will have a keymo for mounting optiins, but looks like a good system as well.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-22-21 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Thanks for your detailed response above. I always like to hear why folks choose what they choose.

As an FFL/SOT, I have sold thousands of cans since end of AWB. Guess which mount has most problems? Surefire. More cans sent downrange with that mount than any other. Like 99.99%. So it is always interesting when folks choose it based on mount. It is a complex mount relative to others, generally needs two hands, and as a rule I think less moving parts on a silencer the better. However once you get mount properly installed, it is rock solid and does not move or come off.

I agree the index notch makes it easy to know if it is clocked (DA does this too), but the inability to know if it is pushed all the way on is what causes all the can launches. The design allows one to lock it up, even when it is not fully only. They have never fixed this. Folks really need to pay attention to how far back over Muzzle device it can go and make sure it does that every time before you twist it on.
    I’ve never had an issue with mine. I find that it’s a ridiculously easy system to use. Push the can on mount, and ensure the indexing notch is engaged all the way, then twist the locking collar. It won’t twist all the way if it’s not seated fully, I know this because it’s happened to me twice. Each time I simply reseated the can, and locked it down.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here is a quick video from Surefire that shows the proper ( and improper) method to mount the suppressor.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    And one for Dead Air showing a couple different tricks.

Improper mounting by not having the locking ring tight enough leaves the suppressor obviously loose and wobbly, rather than with a false positive engagement.

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345