Thread: Holosun 509T mounts, holsters, and sights

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Holosun 509T mounts, holsters, and sights

Got a 509T this week and assumed it came with a Glock specific mounting plate after watching an early Sage Dynamics video, but that isn't the case since they come with a plate that mounts to an RMR type base so you end up with a plate mounted to a plate unless using a direct milled slide.

That leads to 2 problems I found. The minor issue is optic height is going to be taller than most iron sights I am aware of(eyeballing vs. a set of XS brand that are very tall appeared iffy.)

The 2nd & bigger problem(at least using the Glock #2 plate) is the Holosun screws are very long and pass thru the #2 plate and contact the Glock slide and will warp the #2 plate while trying to torque them to 20 inch lbs.(I assume this is what FCD refers to on their plates when saying they do not work with Holosuns). I assume this could be avoided by sourcing shorter screws or by torquing the Holosun plate to the Glock plate off pistol, then cut the ends off the screws flush with the Glock plate, but the sight height issue will still be there.

Looked around and found this plate which allows use of Ameriglo suppressor height sights.

https://heartoftexasarmory.com/holos...for-glock-mos/

Safariland 7TS 7xxxx series holsters will accept the 509T with the folding sight hood removed. I assume the other Safariland RDS holsters will as well contrary to Safariland's site oddly indicating some holster models won't work if the belt loop is changed.

Please do chime in with what works or doesn't experience. I was on the verge of sending the 509 back before I found Holosun Glock plate from HOTA.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-13-21 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    This is the plate I used to mount my 509T to my G17 MOS.

https://chpws.com/product/holosun-50...dapter-plate-2

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    C&H plate. All necessary screws are included.

Any suppressor height sights.

The 6000 series a Safetiland holsters work with the rds guard attached unlike the 7T series.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Forgot to add, the Glock specific to Holosun 509 plate does come with the correct screws. The plate that comes with the 509 that mounts to an RMR plate are the too long ones for a Glock MOS plate.

The Safariland GLS holsters are another one not listed on their site as accepting RDS pistols, but Glock MOS will fit and lock in.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 11-14-21 at 12:30.