Thread: SureFire Scout Pro/Modlite question

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

SureFire Scout Pro/Modlite question

I'm in the market for another light for an AR. I currently have Protac 1L on two different rifles and would like something with a little more output. I've settled in on a Surefire Scout Pro series because I love being able to have the light close to the handguard and also be able to swap the light and mount over to a different. Having said that, I've read about the the sub-par output on these lights when comparing what's on todays market.

Must haves:
    1. It has to be easily removed (one screw on the picatinny). I'm used to the Protac mounted in a Proctor Light Mount and using the endcap to turn on/off.
    2. It has to mount very close the rail at 1:30

I've read great things about the output of the Modlite but I'm sold on the SF Pro mount. Is there a better way to get both instead of purchasing the SF M340v and then upgrading the head?

Thanks for your help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by machman72 View Post
    I've read great things about the output of the Modlite but I'm sold on the SF Pro mount. Is there a better way to get both instead of purchasing the SF M340v and then upgrading the head?
    That combination doesn't work. The M340V and M340C do not support 18350; the only Scout Pro M640DF is compatible with Modlite heads (the M640U/M640V is also not compatible with Modlite heads, being unable to support 18650).

SureFire does not cell their Scout Pro series bodies separately, so you're SOL on that front.

The PLM and the Unity FUSION M-LOK Adapter will be your best bet for keeping the light mounted as close to the handguard as possible while utilizing bodies with a normal Scout mounting pattern. Valhalla Tactical has the Baldr Pivot Body, which is OOS, but is the body I know of that has a pivoting mount built in. Valhalla and Reptilia are the only ones I can think off of the top of my head that have bodies with non-adjustable built-in mounts for 18650/18350 lights that might be lower profile.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    That combination doesn't work. The M340V and M340C do not support 18350; the only Scout Pro M640DF is compatible with Modlite heads (the M640U/M640V is also not compatible with Modlite heads, being unable to support 18650).

SureFire does not cell their Scout Pro series bodies separately, so you're SOL on that front.

The PLM and the Unity FUSION M-LOK Adapter will be your best bet for keeping the light mounted as close to the handguard as possible while utilizing bodies with a normal Scout mounting pattern. Valhalla Tactical has the Baldr Pivot Body, which is OOS, but is the body I know of that has a pivoting mount built in. Valhalla and Reptilia are the only ones I can think off of the top of my head that have bodies with non-adjustable built-in mounts for 18650/18350 lights that might be lower profile.
    I appreciate the response and info. I actually like the smaller profile of the M340v but do realize I'm giving up output. I've found a M640DF for $245 and might just to that route. Thanks for the info on the Valhalla Tactical and Reptilia.

Heck, I might be happy with the M340v in it's original configuration. I do like the smaller platform.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I ended up purchasing a SF M640DF. I find it odd that these can be found for $230 and the cheapest I can find the M340C is around $270. I may end up with one of each before its all over.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those looking for a bored out Surefire that will take 18650 rechargeable's. Also has LED upgrade and reflector. Z2s or Z2x...your choice...45,000 and 39,000 candela respectively. Along with a programmable UI.

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54...re-z2svn-z2xvn