Thread: Anyone running the BCA aide charging 22LR upper?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Anyone running the BCA aide charging 22LR upper?

Finally got to the range with it today & FTF or FTE damn near every other round.

Running it on a PSA or Anderson lower (I'll have to look again lol), CMMG lpk & CMMG mil spec FCG. Also running the better-mag adapter to use my m&p15-22 mags.

It was well lubed. Anyone else have issues with theirs?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Were you able to try a couple brands/types of ammo? I do not lube my (top charger) .22 AR very heavily, fwiw.

I would suggest reaching out to BCA. The 22 AR may never be as reliable as a 5.56, but malfunctions should be the exception, not the rule. Mine is as reliable as my 10-22.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 11-15-21 at 07:20.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Delete

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Were you able to try a couple brands/types of ammo? I do not lube my (top charger) .22 AR very heavily, fwiw.

I would suggest reaching out to BCA. The 22 AR may never be as reliable as a 5.56, but malfunctions should be the exception, not the rule. Mine is as reliable as my 10-22.

Andy
    Tried a few different kinds of ammo

Feedback Score
    Not sure if this will work for the Nordic patterned BCAs but my RTB (CMMG patterned) had occasional light strikes and a BoreBuddy firing pin and pressure plug fixed it. Most likely was the pressure plug, before it arrived I stuck a hose washer between the buffer & carrier and it ran fine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    Not sure if this will work for the Nordic patterned BCAs but my RTB (CMMG patterned) had occasional light strikes and a BoreBuddy firing pin and pressure plug fixed it. Most likely was the pressure plug, before it arrived I stuck a hose washer between the buffer & carrier and it ran fine.
    Had a pretty terrible experience with that company so I will never be doing business with bore buddy again. Does anyone else make that plug? I'm up for trying it. It might be the better mag adapter. I have a catch 22 mag adapter on the way now

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    Had a pretty terrible experience with that company so I will never be doing business with bore buddy again. Does anyone else make that plug? I'm up for trying it. It might be the better mag adapter. I have a catch 22 mag adapter on the way now
    I went with this from RightToBear $20: Spike's Tactical ST22 End Cap Buffer Pistol Plug - Black
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk Pilot View Post
    I went with this from RightToBear $20: Spike's Tactical ST22 End Cap Buffer Pistol Plug - Black
    I put a Taccom plug in it & ditched the better-mag. We shall see what happens when I get back to the range

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    I put a Taccom plug in it & ditched the better-mag. We shall see what happens when I get back to the range
    I have two better mags, no problems with either. Well, other than that that I have lost the bolt catch before and had to call to get another one.

M&P 15-22 mags are a better option than anything else I've used.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee