Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
It's all about choosing the right tool for the job. For HD use in an urban, semi suburban neighborhood like where I am and 300 yard shots are not going to happen, the 50g TSX loaded by Black Hills is terrific for all the most likely scenarios. The 62g in the OP is going to be fine in most scenarios as well, although from what i've seen and read of other's experiences, the copper TSX rounds (except for the 50g bullet BH loads) do sheer petals through windshield glass but in the vast majority of scenarios, it'll work just fine. I have all my preloaded mags ready with the BH 50g and don't worry about running into something it can't or won't do. Backups include 62g Black Hills TSX, ASYM 70g TSX and my own handloaded 70g TSX at 5.56 pressures. Wouldn't be terrible to use any when/if SHTF.
I think many overthink the whole thing. I would use most of the above stated rounds including federal Sierra game king LE load. I would be good with FMJ 55, 62gn too. Some act like it won’t do shit. It kills