Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Federal 55gr LE223T1 or something else?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    It's all about choosing the right tool for the job. For HD use in an urban, semi suburban neighborhood like where I am and 300 yard shots are not going to happen, the 50g TSX loaded by Black Hills is terrific for all the most likely scenarios. The 62g in the OP is going to be fine in most scenarios as well, although from what i've seen and read of other's experiences, the copper TSX rounds (except for the 50g bullet BH loads) do sheer petals through windshield glass but in the vast majority of scenarios, it'll work just fine. I have all my preloaded mags ready with the BH 50g and don't worry about running into something it can't or won't do. Backups include 62g Black Hills TSX, ASYM 70g TSX and my own handloaded 70g TSX at 5.56 pressures. Wouldn't be terrible to use any when/if SHTF.
    I think many overthink the whole thing. I would use most of the above stated rounds including federal Sierra game king LE load. I would be good with FMJ 55, 62gn too. Some act like it won’t do shit. It kills
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When ball doesn’t fragment it can be quite unimpressive.

A few mags of something more consistent is not overthinking.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    When ball doesn’t fragment it can be quite unimpressive.

A few mags of something more consistent is not overthinking.
    No shit capt obvious

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    No shit capt obvious
    And the runner-up for most disagreeable and completely unnecessarily abrasive internet guy is… (drumroll)…. indianalex01!!!!!

Lets take a look at him arguing with the air above, right here on M4c! For this performance, he wins….. another glass of whiskey!
    Last edited by 1168; 06-15-22 at 19:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    And the runner-up for most disagreeable and completely unnecessarily abrasive internet guy is… (drumroll)…. indianalex01!!!!!

Lets take a look at him arguing with the air above, right here on M4c! For this performance, he wins….. another glass of whiskey!
    Thank you! Stupid posts get stupid answers. You haven’t contributed 1 post to this thread and then you cum out with this stupid post. Contribute or get out..
    Last edited by indianalex01; 06-15-22 at 19:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ENOUGH...back on topic.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Indianalex01's responses might be a bit rough but how is he wrong? He didn't say M193 was better than quality hollow/soft points. He said he'd have no problem using it. I agree. It's not what i have loaded into my home defense or duty rifles, but i wouldn't lose sleep if it's all i had.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Some will argue electroplating is not bonded, that bonded is a technical term that only applies when done to a traditional cup and core bullet. There is more you can do with cup and core from a design standpoint, from tapering the jacket thickness to partition to a hybrid between a partition and solid copper.

It’s not really worth arguing about, the GD won’t shed it’s jacket or fragment easily.
    Anyone that argues the gold dot is not bonded is completely wrong. When using a cup and core the cup to bond there is a few ways of doing it solder, mechanical, glued and diffusion. All these methods are considered a form of bonding. Most would say the mechanical bond is truly not a method of bonding the bullet, but any techniques used to keep the jacket and core from separating is a bonded bullet. The best bonding method is the diffusion bonding, and I bet if the gold dot/fusion bullets were put under an electron microscope you would see s diffusion layer.

You can buy products to swage your own bullets from Corbin, and they even have the products to make your own bonded bullets. You bond the cup and core then swage your bullet. I have looked a lot into bonded bullets, and making my own so I could have a roughly 70 grain bonded otm.

Below was pulled straight from speer
    It features a pressure-formed lead core that’s bonded to an extremely uniform jacket a single atom at a time.

I know you are not arguing the electro plating is not a method of bonding, I just quoted your post because of the information contained within it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_B View Post
    Bought a good bit of these a few years back. Is there any reason I shouldn't use them in a HD role? It would be used in both a 10.5 and 12.5 guns.

This is not the only ammo I have to use. Others include:
    BH 77gr SMK
    Barnes 62gr TSX 5.56

Would you choose one of those over the other?

Thanks,
    A.B.
    Good question about HD. Lots of answers about shooting thru barriers and auto glass. Not too many people at home have been attacked by barriers and auto glass.

That's a tough choice about what you have. All of those 3 will be good for HD. To be honest, I would prefer the 62gr TBBC over the 55gr. But the 55gr is certainly a good HD round.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Good question about HD. Lots of answers about shooting thru barriers and auto glass. Not too many people at home have been attacked by barriers and auto glass.

That's a tough choice about what you have. All of those 3 will be good for HD. To be honest, I would prefer the 62gr TBBC over the 55gr. But the 55gr is certainly a good HD round.
    So you don't have furniture or walls inside your house?
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345