Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P 10mm!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Was the 20 not designed and built around the 10mm? Never heard anyone mention reliability issues with the 20 with a wide range of loads. I know a few who hand loaded some hot 10mm for their 20 which they used to hunt with.
    Glock doesn't do a very good job supporting the case head with their Gen 4 10 mm pistols. The polyagonal rifling is not optimum for use with uncoated lead bullets. Most G20 owners purchase aftermarket barrels for use with heavy loads.

Might be worth using a heavy recoil spring for the bear loads and a lighter one for normal 10. I'm a big fan of the M&P 2.0 platform. If I were in the market for 10 mm pistol I would be very interested in one of these pistols

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I thought the 10 was a pretty stout load from the get go...No?
    People who want to carry a 10mm for bear protection take it up another level.

If you are making a 10mm pistol it has to work with the more common lower power ammo. My point is a new cartridge wouldn’t.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Glock20 is the only Glock I liked, much to my surprise.
    If you want to jazz that 20 up, get a 9x25barrel and push some 90gr 9mm FMJ at 1850fps. Massive fireball also. My 20 has always just been a toy, so that is why I picked up a 9x25 barrel.

I am eyeing the S&W 610 for my next 10mm….

Feedback Score
    I see 4 models available, two thumb safety in each length (4" & 4.6") and two with out the safety.

All 4 have the factory optics cut, so that sucks.
    If they come out with one that isn't factory milled I'll grab one.

I use RMR's on a couple guns but prefer to have the slide milled for the sight, instead of the generic cut the factory uses.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I see 4 models available, two thumb safety in each length (4" & 4.6") and two with out the safety.

All 4 have the factory optics cut, so that sucks.
    If they come out with one that isn't factory milled I'll grab one.

I use RMR's on a couple guns but prefer to have the slide milled for the sight, instead of the generic cut the factory uses.
    I like the factory cut for multiple reasons. 1. Cost and convenience, 2. Future proofing the inevitable change in optic mounting and sizes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I like the factory cut for multiple reasons. 1. Cost and convenience, 2. Future proofing the inevitable change in optic mounting and sizes.
    There's just not pleasin' some folks. Most would much prefer to have a factory cut than the added $ and time to do that themselves, and that was a complaint by many that manufactures didn't do it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Hopefully the 10mm dies and a cartridge is designed from the ground up for that purpose to fit in a standard large frame semiauto. Then a properly designed pistol can be made to work properly with that new cartridge.

Because I don’t think you can really get both self defense power and bear defense power 10mm to run optimally at the same time.
    Raising the bullshit flag. I have sitting before me presently one Bren Ten. Sitting next to the Bren are two original Norma factory offerings in 165 gr and 200 gr. Along with current issue Buffalo Bore "heavy 10mm" in 180 gr. The Buffalo Bore is rated at 728 ftlbs. The Norma 165 gr is rated at 719 ftlbs. I'd say the originals are right there with the modern.
    If I could post the pictures here I would for illustrative purposes. Point being that the very first and original 10mm (Bren Ten) was shooting the very first and original hot loads created (Norma). I no longer have the box but the Norma 180 gr was doing the same as Buffalo Bore. If you were to look at Accurate Arms reloading tables, you'd see that for AA #5, 7, and 9, they used a Colt Delta Elite in the load development. I know, because I was there. That said, statements about the unsupported chambers are true and that's the big reason why manufacturers "light load" most offerings. I have loads exceeding 800 ftlbs (180 gold dot) I shoot out of my Glock 20 with KKM barrel.

Feedback Score
    There's just not pleasin' some folks. Most would much prefer to have a factory cut than the added $ and time to do that themselves, and that was a complaint by many that manufactures didn't do it.
    I live two miles from a shop that is well known for milling. So time isn't an issue, I get an appointment for "my turn" show up and leave with the slide 15 minutes later (so I might have an advantage on that part due to my location).

Having an exact fit RMR sitting lower (no plates) vs a one size fits all, is an easy choice for me.
    The added cost of factory cuts then plates you are not far in cost from just doing it yourself.

I like to use the RMR as a charging handle (I have medical issues) so in my mind it would be more secure in the non factory milled slide.

The problem with going with group opinions can be seen on their shield plus factory cut, there is no way of adding an American made site without it sitting super high. People are cheap.

I refuse to buy Chinese when American is available.

If you disagree, that's fine as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I've used RMR's for 6 years now, if there is a better product for me that comes out I'll get a new slide, cheap people will buy the current unit so I don't lose much money.

I look at cost and convenience as, going half assed to get it today or wait two weeks and spend a few bucks more to get it right.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Raising the bullshit flag.
    All the problems I discussed happened to a friend of mine, who wanted to carry a 10mm Glock while bear hunting.

Nobody looking for bear protection is going to be impressed with how hot you load 180gr golddots or how your Bren runs (with the same power ammo it was designed with) and I don’t think Norma ever loaded a 220gr hard cast.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast