Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: M&P 10mm!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Soulezoo,

Have you ever had or known of the necessity to deviate from the factory recoil spring for one with more strength?
    Yes, I have for my 1911 and Glock 20. Not out of necessity per se, but to help mitigate the poor gun from taking a beating from my hand loads.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Then it sounds to me, unless you load your own ( I don't), or stick a very limited # of options, not much value in having a 10mm for it's real abilities as a rnd are the reason one has such a gun.
    Not really. If you need the capability you seek out the appropriate ammo even if it’s harder to get. It’s not like magnum revolvers and ammo are that common either. If you find 44mag ammo it’s probably SD and not bearD. Even the harder slugs I would chose for bear defense are not found on the shelf around here.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Not really. If you need the capability you seek out the appropriate ammo even if it’s harder to get. It’s not like magnum revolvers and ammo are that common either. If you find 44mag ammo it’s probably SD and not bearD. Even the harder slugs I would chose for bear defense are not found on the shelf around here.
    Would make for a good woods type gun as having higher capacity and similar ballistics to my .357 Mag revolver.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Today I shot my M&P 10mm for the second time. I was shooting from where the pistol is laying on the tarp which is about eight yards.

I started with 10 reloads consisting of Nosler 200gr JHP's over 8.4gr of Blue Dot. The accuracy was great.

I then shot 10 more, except that the charge was 8.8gr of Blue Dot. Again the accuracy was great.

Next I shot 2x15rds of the same load, except this time the charge was 9.2gr of Blue Dot. The pattern opened up a bid, but not by much.

Finally, I shot another 50rds of S&B 180gr FMJ. All was well until the last 15rd magazine. The third cartridge ejected out of the pistol along with the spent case from the 2nd cartridge. The fourth cartridge fed and fired just fine, so there was no actual stoppage. I had this happen several times with an H&K USP40. Turns out that its recoil spring was worn out. This is obviously not the case with this M&P's recoil spring given that it's so new, but based on the ejection distance of the spent cases, I really think that this pistol is under sprung.
    Last edited by Bret; 05-23-23 at 18:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any signs of battering?

Feedback Score
    Is there a particular place to look or just all around?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would look at the rail guides/ tabs that the slide rides on for hard contact when the slide maximizes it's travel. Hopefully someone here with MP experience can chime in on other areas of concern.

Feedback Score

M&P 10mm!

There are plenty of threads on the Smith and Wesson forum about issues with the 10mm. Check out some of those threads, I thought I saw a coupe say they purchased a different recoil spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I got my gun back from S&W a while ago, after shearing off the optic screws. I put a 508t on it, instead of the 509 and so far no issues. It still doesn’t like certain ammo though.

Feedback Score
    Just tried out my 4.6” M&P 10. I was shooting a load the store had, 180 gr at 1190 FPS, so not full house 10 but close.

She does have a big bark for sure. I bought the guide rod and spring kit from Wolff for the M&P 45.

The factory recoil spring is 17# and is way too light. Empties literally flying 20 feet, slide velocity has to be rediculous. I settled on the 22# spring for this load and it worked great. Perfect right ejection pattern about 8 feet to my 4:30. I have a 24# spring to go up to if I need it once I get some good 200gr loads going.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast